Show Your Signed Statue!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

here's one of the bases I got signed last weekend.
I got the statue like this when I bought it and I have no idea who those other artists are.
I'm not a huge comic book fan, following all the artists and reading all the stories, I just like the characters I knew as kid and the awesome statue representations of them. But who doesn't know Stan Lee? He's not my hero or anything but he is a legend, creating some of the best known comic characters in the world. Glad I spent the time to go see him.

here's one of the bases I got signed last weekend.
I got the statue like this when I bought it and I have no idea who those other artists are.
I'm not a huge comic book fan, following all the artists and reading all the stories, I just like the characters I knew as kid and the awesome statue representations of them. But who doesn't know Stan Lee? He's not my hero or anything but he is a legend, creating some of the best known comic characters in the world. Glad I spent the time to go see him.

That is an awesome looking base. I believe the artists are David Finch and Todd Nauck. Finch has done quite a few big books in comics. I'm a huge fan of his work. I really don't know much about Nauck. Either way, those are fantastic looking head sketches. The fact you have Stan's siggy takes this piece to a whole other level. Looks bad @ss. Too bad you have to turn it over if you want to see it or show it to someone. That would be a workout right there. :lol

Belive it or not, I did that in 2 days (Sat & Sun). :lol
I brought 4 bases each day and got them signed. The Spidey Com was obviously the byotch of the bunch because it's so big. The funny thing was I had a VIP pass. It comes with a 4 day pass to the Con. Stan was there Thurs-Sun. However, I was in Europe on vacation for 5 weeks until I got home that Thurs evening. Then on the next day, my cousin got married. We are very close so I went to the ceremony and reception. That ate up all Friday. So I wasn't able to go to the Con until Saturday. On top of all that, I had to get used to a 7 hour time change from my European vacation. :slap

In the end, it was all worth it. To be able to meet Stan and get his signature on those pieces is something I will never forget. One of the main reasons I pushed through all the exhaustion I was fighting is because I didn't know if I would ever get that opportunity again. He's 90 yrs old. I wasn't going to miss my chance. If all goes well, he'll be back in Chi-town this Aug. I'm ready for round 2. And this time, no travel plans. I plan on making all 4 days.

Man :slap and I thought I went through a lot to obtain his signature. I too didn't want to miss the opportunity as I been saying I would obtain his signature at SDCC for the past three years or so but I always end up spending all my time at con drooling at the SS booth :lol I'm currently in school out of state, so when I saw he was going to be minutes away from my home, I had to drive across state to meet him. Certainly, our ordeal is just as memorable as our experience of meeting Stan.

WOW, that is one fine piece of art. Just priceless :rock

That is an awesome looking base. I believe the artists are David Finch and Todd Nauck. Finch has done quite a few big books in comics. I'm a huge fan of his work. I really don't know much about Nauck. Either way, those are fantastic looking head sketches. The fact you have Stan's siggy takes this piece to a whole other level. Looks bad @ss. Too bad you have to turn it over if you want to see it or show it to someone. That would be a workout right there. :lol

Awesome thanks for the info. I checked out both artists' work and they have very different styles but both very cool. Although I like Naucks' sketch better on the base, I like Finchs' style better.
gotta find some way to display the statue showing the base...definitely a shame if it faced down all the time.

Know its a spidy and you cant really see it but its signed on the back, but it goes with a my most prized comic. :D

Here is a few others as well, the lady death and board behind thanos is signed. Also one of my favs cuz it was owned by Stan the Man :D ,the xmen diorama and wolverine is signed at the bottom of the base. Yes I know he didn't create wolverine but he did some stories and helped in creating him so I figured what the hell lol. Enjoy and thanks for sharing as well guys :rock

Those are some neat Hulk sketches. I just had a few pieces signed by Stan Lee last year. I'll post pics later this week.

Here is a few others as well, the lady death and board behind thanos is signed. Also one of my favs cuz it was owned by Stan the Man :D ,the xmen diorama and wolverine is signed at the bottom of the base. Yes I know he didn't create wolverine but he did some stories and helped in creating him so I figured what the hell lol. Enjoy and thanks for sharing as well guys :rock

I love this thread!!!

Awesome pics CVB!!!

Oh this is an exciting thread. Love seeing this. Once my fiancee is up I will go snap photos of all our signed statues. Woo.

I was hoping to see lot's more signed statues, c'mon guys let's keep this thing going. It sure beats complaining about Rhino's cracks and Superman's eyeholes! :)

For those of you who got your Spider-man comiquette base signed.

How did you decide to transport/carry it to get it signed?

For those of you who got your Spider-man comiquette base signed.

How did you decide to transport/carry it to get it signed?

I kept mine in the box. I was way too worried something might happen to it if I carried it without it. It was a pain in the rear but I just felt more secure that way.

Back