Show Your Entire Batman Collection!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sold either to be honest. I saved a version with and without the words. The words will be blocked by the figures on each shelf and the words might make things too busy. I'm already looking to ditch all the HT stands in favor of blank ones to help simplify my display.

You're the best judge of how you want your display to look....IMO the added words makes yours look unique from the rest....

Inspired by Pirate's and dsokyra's setups, I have edited some images for my own use. I will be using them in a Detolf. I plan on having them stretch the length of the shelf and be letterboxed with black foam board. To cover up the backs of the LED strips you can see through on each glass shelf, I'd like to add the name of each respective movie somehow. Haven't thought that far ahead but plan on getting there someday.

What do you guys think of the words? Yay or nay?

Think it looks nice, curious to see those in your detolfs! :rock

You're the best judge of how you want your display to look....IMO the added words makes yours look unique from the rest....

Definitely unique from the rest, but after testing them both out I went with the ones without the words. I have the backgrounds all set up and the black foam board taped to the back of the cabinet. Coupled with my newly installed LED kit, it looks like something that could be in a museum. Truly an awesome setup! I'll post pics sometime this week if I can get my hands on a decent camera.

As for going standless, I have dealt with enough toppling toys in my lifetime as a collector to not even try it. I will feel better knowing they won't topple due to vibrations from moving furniture, kids, running around, traffic, and Midwest earthquakes. Besides, a stand grants a figure a full range of posability. I don't like them standing rigid like a vintage Star Wars figure.

p1000274m.jpg
WIP

and why would it be a ridiculous question? or is it some other question that would be ridiculous?

And why would someone automatically know it's a Kato suit?

Not automatically. He's obviously done some research and knows who Kato is and what is work consists of. For that, I was applauding him.

Last edited:
and why would it be a ridiculous question? or is it some other question that would be ridiculous?

If he asked if it was a Kato suit that wouldn't be ridiculous. I meant like the guy who asked if Sideshow was in the UK and how to order their figures for his first post. Like I said, this person obviously has knowledge of the 1/6th world already.

oh, i get it. people who have managed to get onto a forum but have no concept of search engines as information systems.

yeah, even as an educator, i think there are, in fact, stupid questions.

If he asked if it was a Kato suit that wouldn't be ridiculous. I meant like the guy who asked if Sideshow was in the UK and how to order their figures for his first post. Like I said, this person obviously has knowledge of the 1/6th world already.

Yup. That's what I meant. I see I've mistaken then!

Btw, judging from your previous posts, you are from Japan, aren't you?

Yup. For the past 3 years. Leaving this year though to go back stateside. :(

And why would someone automatically know it's a Kato suit?

I think this guy was just honestly asking how you could tell it was a Kato suit...it's extremely well-tailored. Also, you might have already browsed ebay and seen the kind of suits you can get and you would know thats not one of them. Also, you could have come across it in the custom section. Sometimes I don't get the hostility here.

Went from this to this as of a couple days ago. As of yesterday, it has the backgrounds I posted above with the black foam board. Looks amazing! I'll use a real camera once Bane arrives and I get my JGL head for my Blake bash. I also have a BTAS Robin, Catwoman, and Batmobile on the way. Three steps closer to completing that portion of the collection :yess:

Yup. For the past 3 years. Leaving this year though to go back stateside. :(

I noticed you said you lived in Okinawa. On base or off?

I used to live in Miyagi just south of the seaside hotel. (1989)

Air Force brat.

Back