Show Your Entire Batman Collection!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
firstnightoutbat_zps15910528.jpg

Old + New, very first hot toys batman + DX12 head and belt, not to bad imo...

nice pic zsasz.
thanks, JD.
did some more work on joker earlier today--yesterday rather. have now gone and begun weathering the coat, pants and shoes in acrylics. previously i had only done it in pastels. im not done yet but it's coming along. want this version to be as filthy as possible haha. anyway, i've been doing work on it for a while now. so i'm not sure when exactly i'll be done as i keep seeing things i want to improve. anyway, here's where it's at now:
jokercustomwip00_zpsb3f3dc7e.jpg

Wow, the weathering looks awesome :horror.
Is it possible to share with us about the weathering methods?

thanks hydeous and liuskusuma. my first time doing this so i dont know if i'm the right person to give tips--you might want to see elvis' coming tutorial for genuine and worthwhile advice--but i just used watered down acrylics so far. and at times heavier on the acrylic to add texture.
i also used my fingers as well as brushes to really spread the 'dirt' in. and i balled the pants up into a crumpled mess more than once, to give it the feel of being worn to hell. sometimes i'd rub the pant legs against each other to prevent things from being too neat. and also i would crease certain areas--particularly in the upper thigh, butt--to get ceertain lines going.
as i've said, i'm not done yet with this weathering job but that is pretty much what i did so far.
and i used watered down grays--a dark and a light--mostly, and buff.
hope this helps.

Thanks for the tips Alexi.

I was thinking of doing some weathering on the costumes like yours when I get my DX11, but not too sure if I have the skill. I may need to do some practice on some cheap clothings first :p.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dark knight with a modded medi cowl, tony meis cape and kojun wayne sculpt faceplate. and some other mods to the suit. might do more work on the suit but for now, i like him.

DKnuts0_zps70da6b62.jpg

DKnuts_zps34ac74f1.jpg

and here is my final on joker. done weathering: he's plenty filthy now haha. actually still have some more work to do on shoes and might go back and redo more blonde and green on hair but he's pretty much done. hope you guys like it... and here we... GO

jokerwhysoserious000_zps3c0a6c2e.jpg

jokerwhysoserious_zps20c75536.jpg

dark knight with a modded medi cowl, tony meis cape and kojun wayne sculpt faceplate. and some other mods to the suit. might do more work on the suit but for now, i like him.

DKnuts0_zps70da6b62.jpg

DKnuts_zps34ac74f1.jpg

and here is my final on joker. done weathering: he's plenty filthy now haha. actually still have some more work to do on shoes and might go back and redo more blonde and green on hair but he's pretty much done. hope you guys like it... and here we... GO

Perfection! Is that the mrm cowl then? Where did you get that faceplate from?

Thanks

thanks carl, nick and tim. yeah i feel about ready to move forward on the gotham collection. almost. tough to call a game haha. might deepen the green on a kato vest for a more accurate 'party crasher'. but i'm nitpicking.

@snake eater: yeah it's the mrm cowl. faceplate is robbie's.

thanks hydeous. it does look much better in hand. camera pics tend to give some distortion with the angles i use. but i think i prefer it long cuz it makes sense with the medi head. though that's just my opinion. have considered shortening the neck in the next round of mods but not sure.

DKnuts0_zps70da6b62.jpg

DKnuts_zps34ac74f1.jpg

That Joker loos insanely real

Amazing figures, Alexi. Knowing I have the MRM medi cowl coming to add to my Robbie faceplate makes little amounts of wee come out.

Back