Show Your Entire Batman Collection!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a pain in the ass to change it. Might be easier to just put the head on huh?

:goodpost::exactly: Here's his post from the custom takara thread:

Ok, someone had to do it sooner or later. Ordered some HT boots for my Takara Batman and they didnt fit. :gah:

Anyway. I wasnt happy with my Ghostbuster Egon having a HT TT body (the one without narrowed shoulders) so I decided to risk it all and switch the bodies...
I undressed the Takara Bats and put the costume on a TT wide shoulder body, added the boots and everything. Belt is still missing as it is still in the box due to moving the apartement but you get the idea. I dont recommend doing this, because the suit ripped apart at 4 parts (pants at the top of the back, both shoulders and a little how under the right chest, everything barely noticeable). It is just too dangerous. My damages were minor ones and not noticeable, especially with Bruce wearing the jumpsuit outfit but I was lucky. Dont do it. Nevertheless I am happy I did it. Finally I have the perfect 1st Night Out Bruce. :)

takarabrucehtbody1.jpg

takarabrucehtbody2.jpg

Thanks bro. Looks like my unskilled @$$ will not be doing that.

How bad is it to out the head on the Takara body?

Yes. Dont recommend doing it. Really pain. I believe I was more than lucky that I did not destroy it. :lol

If you want to have it, we can arrange a trade. I have two BB Bruce Wayne, one OC Bats so my custom Takara Hot Toys one is in its box. I would trade my Hot Toys body/ Takara suit for your Takara body/ Takara suit. :)

Yes. Dont recommend doing it. Really pain. I believe I was more than lucky that I did not destroy it. :lol

If you want to have it, we can arrange a trade. I have two BB Bruce Wayne, one OC Bats so my custom Takara Hot Toys one is in its box. I would trade my Hot Toys body/ Takara suit for your Takara body/ Takara suit. :)

PM your way. . .

I haven't shared my collection in a long time, and it has grown considerably in the meantime. I took the following pictures a few weeks ago (and they're already out of date, as I've since added another figure and a bunch of graphic novels!)

A lot of my figures need futzing, so please don't judge! I know realize these pictures are terribly small, but it's too late at night to take new ones. Please bear with me.

Collection2018.jpg

For starters, I tried to fit everything in one picture frame - but the 5-foot "The Dark Knight" bus stop posters flanking my figures make that a bit difficult! You can't see them, but I display my Hot Toys boxes on top of my bookshelves, as they're very artfully done.

Collection2024.jpg

Collection2030.jpg

Batman and his rogues. The Ra's al Ghul head was a Headplay Liam Neeson that I modified, on a kitbashed figure. The Scarecrow is also kitbashed, and the Penguin is a custom from these boards.

Collection2034.jpg

The Gotham Police Department (with a certain menacing impostor). The honor guards in the back are in a goofy pose because I was in the middle of taking a series of pictures of them performing their gun salute (which I intend to share in the DX01 thread when I've completed them).

Collection2036.jpg

Bank robbers! Except for BR Joker, they're all custom kitbashes. I've got 5 more masks from other clowns from various scenes of the movie that I need to finish kitbashing figures for (so Joker will have 10 goons in all by the end).

Collection2006.jpg

Collection2052.jpg

The Catwoman is a Sean Dabbs custom and the Ra's al Ghul head is also one of mine (same formula as above), on an Ironcrosshunter figure body.

Collection2049.jpg

The Crane head is a Cheungkinmen head, and the TDK Bruce features the new HT sculpt.

Collection2048.jpg

Takara Catwoman on the left (which I prefer to the new Nolan design...), along with other bashes. The Alfred is the head with the infamously small size - I think I've mitigated that to some extent, with a bit of futzing and a narrow-shoulder Truetype. He really does look much better/more proportionate in person - this is a truly unflattering picture. The Carmine Falcone is another Cheungkinmen head, on my kitbashed body. The First Night Out Bruce is a Takara figure, but with a better hood.

Collection2007.jpg

Finally, some customs (along with an OC Batman/Bruce), surrounded by my graphic novel collection. The customs are Inmate Joker, Mr. Freeze custom (from these boards), The Riddler (from these boards), and my own interpretation of Harley Quinn. I've got more pics of her that I'm going to post in the custom sub-forum here.

I'm very much a literary person, and I prize the reading experience of graphic novels as a writing form, so you will notice I always have the hardcover version of a graphic novel whenever possible. I think it truly adds to the enjoyment of reading (and re-reading) a Batman tale! You'll also see a few custom binds (which I've shared previously).

In the short term, I'm currently working on a few more customs, including Zsasz, Ubu/Decoy Ra's al Ghul, and Firefly. I've also got a Sonar TDK Batman and a Lucius Fox I've got to add somewhere.

I've got a smaller shelf to the left that I'm preparing to use for the Burton line of figures. Between the TDKR line and the newly announced Batman Returns line, in the longer term, I estimate I'll probably end up with something on the order of 70-80 figures in total, by the end of 2013. At that point, I will be well and done with the acquisition part of this 1/6 hobby (though I will still dabble in custom Batman figures), as the Nolan and Burton movies are my true Batman loves. There is light at the far end of this tunnel, but I know in the distance, the day is coming when I will be completely satisfied with the extent of my collection!

But where will I fit all of them? I don't know! My graphic novels will also need a third shelf as they're squeezed to the limit, and I'm already a few months behind! Necessity is the mother of invention, so I will find a way.

I've also resisted the urge to include vehicles, as I have no space for them. But with the relaunch of the Tumbler, the Keaton Batmobile (what a lovely vehicle - my childhood dream car!), and the inevitable Batpod re-release (plus the potential for a camo Bane Tumbler), I think I will be purchasing them - not with the intent of displaying them immediately, but for storing until the day comes where I move into a larger apartment!

Holy crap i want those JOker Goons. :horror:panic:

I :lol at the honor guard Jokers , i thought u had 7 Cop Jokers :panic:

Sick collection , where did you get the Jokers Goon masks? I really want to bash his henchmen

AMAZING collection :clap very awe inspiring ,one of most complete i've seen but you defnitley live in gotham city sir :rock love the bankrobber's and penguin very bleepin cool collection....

Back