Show Your Entire Batman Collection!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well if you must discuss this..... I think it is reasonable to ask noobs to resize their uploaded images. And there will always be plenty of noobs like myself just recently and that in itself would require this request to repeated many times. But that does not mean anyone needs to go ballistic at any time or "teach" a lesson. A friendly reminder suffice
e.g. I get wrong calls to my cell daily because my number is very close to that of a pharmacy. Do I yell at them? No, I am sure others in my position would or may just han up on these calls. I do not as 1) they do not do it intentionally 2) I find that if I ask nicely what number they thought they dialed I can make them realise the mistake and avoid them calling repeatedly and everyone is happier. Now I have repeated that more than 500 times for sure and do I get upset? not really, it's just my choice to accept the situation and understand. Sorry but I like to be happy and not get upset over every small little thing in this world. :D

I wasn't yelling though and it's not aimed at new members. I'm pointing out how it can be very irritating. I can't help it if I have no tolerance for it. Some here with over a thousands posts are still doing it because some are that lazy. Transfer, upload, post, done. No consideration. Then some eejit comes along and quotes the whole blasted lot that could be 4 - 8 meg or more and again then goes, nice pics!

It's not my fault the majority of sites I visit when most sites are heavily restricted when it comes to image sizes unlike here. Anything goes. Apparently it doesn't matter if it's a cluster **** :(

...and your phone calls aren't downloading all the pics so it's not even comparable. I'm not on 30 - 50Mb cable or your T1's. Which thats probably why it's no big deal to some of you.

Now aren't you glad this was a very respectful conversation :naughty

Of course not. ;)

Last edited:
BBTS has the Twoface Silver Dollar for 27 with shipping I got mine there been meaning to take pics for a while now... It has a clean side and a scarred side... You are correct with the 1922...

Scrolling 2 miles --------------> is the thing that annoys me the most.

+1

...Then some eejit comes along and quotes the whole blasted lot that could be 4 - 8 meg or more and again then goes, nice pics!

+1

That is irritating.

I wasn't yelling though and it's not aimed at new members. I'm pointing out how it can be very irritating. I can't help it if I have no tolerance for it...

Ah, but here is where you are wrong. That is the one thing you can help! We can't control everything that happens to us or around us. The only thing we can control in our life is the way we will react to things.

I think that is the point that Geil was making with the 'wrong number' example. I actually have the same thing happen all the time on my land line. My number is one number different than the Clinic and I get wrong number calls all the time. Is it irritating? Sometimes, but I can tolerate it and am a much happier person as a result. I don't let myself become hyper focused on it.

So when someone posts a HUUUGE pic, give them a kind reminder that it may be helpful to downsize them (like Geil did).

It's gonna keep happening from time to time and users like you and I will have to scroll 2 miles <--------------------->, but so what? A minor irritation doesn't have to effect your quality of life. :)

:peace

Anyhoo, SnakeDoctor your Harvey Dent shelf rulz!!! :rock

Another quick thought about the giant picture posts:

I use photobucket and I upload 9MP pics to it all the time. It seems like photobucket automatically downsizes them for me, so it really is quite effortless to post reasonable size pics.

Nice display paul!

And to confirm what the fine gentlemen posted, Dent's coin is indeed a 1922.

DentCoin.jpg

Something a little different for my current set-up since I'm in a BTAS display mood at the moment:
battyanimated2.jpg

battyanimated1.jpg

battyanimated4.jpg

battyanimated3.jpg

4-2.jpg

battyanimated.jpg

A bit more BTAS love:
3-1.jpg

5-2.jpg

7-2.jpg

gcbf.jpg

Regarding the 1/6 Oscar:

Thanks Bob. I checked - it doesn't look like Toysmon is selling them seperately right now. I'll keep an eye on his listings.

I contacted Toysmon about this and got this reply:

Dear iwasolorin,

Ok, the oscar award US$8 and add $3 shipping fee.

If you ok, pls let me know. I send a paypal payment to you.

Thanks

- toysmon

For $11 I'm gonna do it!

OMG, I thought I had all the BTAS figures I wanted, but now I'm gonna have to go out and find a "Scarface and the Ventriloquist" .

I didn't know that figure existed!!! :rock
Yeah, he's a great figure(s) and a great addition to the BTAS rogues! He came as part of a TNBA 4 pack called 'Puppets of Crime'. They never released him on his own so that's the only way to get him and unfortunately that 4 pack is very hard to come by these days - and very expensive too!

Yikes, $79.67 at Amazon!

https://www.amazon.com/BATMAN-PUPPETS-CRIME-FIGURE-SET/dp/B000068PA1

[For those who like me, never saw this figure before, its towards the bottom of this page:https://www.virtualtoychest.com/k/kennerbatman/kennerbatman.html]

It's kind of funny that that set comes with the original series Croc. :confused:

Sucks Ventriloquist/Scarface was never released on his/their own. I'm not a big fan of the 4 pack packaging. :( Wont look right on the wall with all my cards.

I may have to get the loose one on eBay.

Cheers for input guys. I'll try and get some better pics posted soon.

Nice display. Where'd you get the "I believe in Harvey Dent" stuff?

SnakeDoc

Yep the "I believe in Harvey Dent" stuff I got from ebay and as mentioned it was part of the viral marketing campaigns for TDK. Cost Around $15 for the papers, 2/3x badges and stickers.

Cheers for idea of the HD coin. I would like one. Thanks haytil, HottoyzJoker & jediknight120 for clarifying what year the coin is. That's v.helpful!

Another quick thought about the giant picture posts:

I use photobucket and I upload 9MP pics to it all the time. It seems like photobucket automatically downsizes them for me, so it really is quite effortless to post reasonable size pics.

That's good to know cheers Maglor.

Loving the BTAS figs sfa. Sooo cool. They look mint. Cracking set up.

Back