Show us your G.I. Joe/ Cobra Troops! Any and All...or even working on!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally happy with my copperhead custom, credit to Spidey for his suit and I picked up his head from the bay
All other bits from my parts collection
0193f4db553f5dd5e01a1bc4aba760db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Mrs is out on a Xmas night out so thought it was a good time to finish off thrasher
I got the head and pants from a fellow board member also the football pads, I modded the football pads with parts i cut off from own American football pads to make thrashers distinctive style pads
f4fd43f7bdd7ecc04448d84803ded2e9.jpg

Updating Cobra Commander again- I didn't keep the second figure so I pulled its boots, gloves, belt, etc that I wanted and sold the uniform. Some of those parts got swapped to my custom build. I may keep the old Hasbro boots though, I'm not real sure yet. I may also ditch the glove cuffs if I can bound the second sleeves to the forearms better. I also picked up a couple of those newer PTE World Peacekeepers at Kroger for $10 each recently, just for some extra cheap weapons.

Cape... I'm waiting on some N52-grade neodymium magnets from overseas and will mount a pair under the shirt, the chain is decorative, although this does hold in place okay if I don't bump it.

I'm also going to do something interesting with the Ignite Guardsman head, I figures if I glue a single thin magnet under the hood, and put a stack of them inside the hollow head, it'll hold the hood onto it. Easier than rigging a foam piece to hold against the chin. Again, waiting on those, as the N35s I have aren't quite strong enough.

DB6k3Vy.jpg

yDBSPd2.jpg

Up next Road pig, brock lesnar head, modified shoulder pads and custom made hammer
Still need to make his wrist crossbow
66519e8ce16445fe165b72b3c6139423.jpg

"Final" revision. I got in my magnet order and trimmed/taped the sleeves down so the cuffs stay in place. 3 magnets on each side- one taped to the body, one taped to the bodysuit, and one taped to the red shirt. Strong enough to keep the cape in place and taped down to a static location on the shoulders. I used Johnson & Johnson cloth bandage tape for the sleeves and magnets- I trimmed the bodysuit sleeves off and cut them down so the cuffs go past the wrist and over the ball joint, with the blue cuff over that.

5WcK4wr.jpg

"Final" revision revised. I got incredibly sick of the shirt having to be readjusted every time I so much as moved an arm, let alone the emblem getting off-center and sitting so high. I was very tempted to strip the figure down and sell it for parts, honestly, the frustration of it was a bit much. Then I got the idea to tape down the shirt- the whole thing is now held in place by some strong double-sided tape keeping it in place to the bodysuit. The emblem sits lower and keeps center, things stay in place better. I don't care if the tape is cheating, it's an improvement.

I may be tempted to pick up a pair of shoes, of the peg variety, I believe the pants are long enough to hide the ankle joint.

AiSr28I.jpg

A massive thank you to pace for making this awesome rocket launcher to finish off his awesome scrap iron head sculpt , thanks also to spidey for his excellent vest,
The best thing about living in the uk is you get first dibs on paces awesome work

Here it is folks a finished rocket launcher hope my figure does it justice
19f1bc4765ad207febfc1038077697bd.jpg

ef6d2fb73ab5caff3d0acbf6013e35e8.jpg

Back