Show us your G.I. Joe/ Cobra Troops! Any and All...or even working on!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Show us your G.I. Joe/ Cobra Troops! Any and All...show 'em here!

Lets see a pic of Firefly... wanna make sure he's gone to a good home :wink1:

Ill post pics of FF tomorrow or Tuesday. My camera has been on the fritz lately. If I can t get pics. Ill take the figure to work and use the camera from there. Dont worry he's in a good home. I Have him displayed with to Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes and Beach Head.

Flint is finally coming together... wearing an SF Officer greenshirt for time being while im waiting on a trade but I kinda like it!

Nice to see the green shirt being used, even on a temp basis!

Not at the moment, but give me a shout when I've settled into my new house. I'll be able to help you out, especially with all you've done for me!

your green shirts are awesome dude.

I agree, after looking through what's available out there, SFO's unis come closest to an OG looking shirt. Only thing I'd wish to be different is the velcro on the shoulders matching the OD green color on the uni.

Have you tried making the entire top out of the same material as the sleeves SFO? I wonder what that would look like.

Last edited:

I agree, after looking through what's available out there, SFO's unis come closest to an OG looking shirt. Only thing I'd wish to be different is the velcro on the shoulders matching the OD green color on the uni.

Have you tried making the entire top out of the same material as the sleeves SFO? I wonder what that would look like.

:goodpost: Corrected, I wish I had those mad sewing skills!

The tshirt material of the body sits really well & the velcro on the shoulders means they fit in well with sideshow uniforms.

Green micro velcro is very hard to come by. The green velcro on thst shirt was canibalized from something else. If anyone happens to find a source for it, let me know! Otherwise I will likely be stuck with black for the foreseeable future.

The uniforms I built were meant to compliment the Sideshow uniforms. I haven't really thought about buiding the shirts out of the same material, because it would be easier and cheaper for someone to buy a Rock n Roll uniform instead. That is what I would end up building if i went that route.

Are you using micro Velcro?

I try to where I can. The black is velcro wrap. I found some different black hook material that is thinner and will work. But anytime I can get my hands on micro velcro, I use it!

I try to where I can. The black is velcro wrap. I found some different black hook material that is thinner and will work. But anytime I can get my hands on micro velcro, I use it!

Eh? Is that considered micro Velcro too?

Green micro velcro is very hard to come by. The green velcro on thst shirt was canibalized from something else. If anyone happens to find a source for it, let me know! Otherwise I will likely be stuck with black for the foreseeable future.

The uniforms I built were meant to compliment the Sideshow uniforms. I haven't really thought about buiding the shirts out of the same material, because it would be easier and cheaper for someone to buy a Rock n Roll uniform instead. That is what I would end up building if i went that route.

They complement the Sideshow unis very well, and look extremely close to actual modern day Military uniforms, I was just wondering what that would look like. The Rn'R Uni won't work since the sleeves are rolled up/cut down.

getting close to the stinger top being done...this will be my first..

topnewcollar1_zps0724f006.jpg

Eh? Is that considered micro Velcro too?

In some circles it is. The loop side is a much finer quality than the normal Velcro, but I want the loop side without the hook side bonded on the back. I want better, and if I find bulk amounts of it, I'm grabbing it!

They complement the Sideshow unis very well, and look extremely close to actual modern day Military uniforms, I was just wondering what that would look like. The Rn'R Uni won't work since the sleeves are rolled up/cut down.

Hmmm... a long sleeve version of RnR's uniform wouldn't be hard to build. It just would look better if I could find micro Velcro in OD green...

Back