Show us your (1/6) monsters!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is some of my Uni Monsters.

b9ffd86d.jpg

0eced819.jpg

Mister Creecher, which Vampire is that behind Renfield in your "cluttered" shelf photo?
Never seen it.

Like your coffins; should you stain them, I wouldn't make them too dark.

Don't have mine on display, but I have Frank, Drac, Wolfiie and the Phantom; new monsters are original Leatherface and Freddy. I might track down the Creature some day but I'm worried that the rubber skin won't last in L.A.'s crappy air.

Speaking of, you guys who have your figs. displayed out in the open: how often do you have to dust them? Out here, I'd have to do it on a weekly basis. Some day I hope to move to a bigger place so I can get display cases.

PS those coffins are mighty cool!

Mister Creecher, which Vampire is that behind Renfield in your "cluttered" shelf photo?
Never seen it.

viper is correct, it's the Hasbro Universal Monsters Son of Dracula.

I'm not fond of dusting, so I do it whenever I feel like doing it.

viper is correct, it's the Hasbro Universal Monsters Son of Dracula.

I'm not fond of dusting, so I do it whenever I feel like doing it.

Thank you for answering Creecher (somehow I only just found your reaction- must have missed the subscription option)

Well, never seen or heard of it.

Just curious, do you like it (especially sculpt and maybe clothes)? (and do you think it is a good asset to the 1/6 monster collection)

And I am sure I have once seen a Custom Son of Dracula based on the Wolfman Lon Chaney. (probably eBay because I could not find it here)

The headsculpt is a rotocast skin coloured job, with the hair, eyebrows, moustache blandly painted on, as are the lips, fangs and eyes. The head articulation is enabled for both clock wise and counter clock wise rotation. :lol

The hands are a particularly nice sculpt, with blueish veins highlighted, though they are a little large. There is no arm articulation except at the bicep cut joint and shoulder.

The clothes are nice and that's why I purchased the figure, considering it was only A$30. Even though they are a shiney synthetic material, they look the part and fit well. The cape hangs like a semi cone around the body. Because of the material, even though you fold it back, it just goes back to it's original wrinkle free position. There's not much that can be done with it, unless you want to pin it back.

The packaging consists of a round black plastic nondescript base, supposed to resemble some sort of land formation, and incorporates a cheap plastic stem and circlip to hold the figure at the waist. The rest of the packaging is a clear plastic cylider, which is good to view the figure in, and a black plastic top which can be attached to the base to enable it to rotate in situ.

It's from the Hasbro Signature series, of which I have the Frankenstein figure also. There's also a Bride, Mummy, Wolfman, a yellowish looking Creature, and an Invisible Man. I have some pics of those if you want me to post them. Here are some other pics of the Son of Dracula.

33xefrk.jpg
zjfbk2.jpg

viclly.jpg

I only bought the Frankenstein as a novelty, because I had all the Sideshow ones, but the Son of Dracula I bought because it was the right price and I love vampires, in particular. Of the pics I have seen the Son of Drac looks less caricature, in nature, than the rest of the series.

Last edited:
Ahoy Mister Creecher, thank you for writing such a full review ;-)

Looks like the weak parts are his cape and body.

I thought I would never say this, but this Hasbro figure has got my attention - maybe it can be approved with not so much effort.
I have only seen the Hasbro Invisible Man in a shoppe long time ago, and was not impressed at all-those were the day Sideshow was spoiling us with their version of the Universal Monsters.

Think I might even hunt for one, only thing that makes me a little reluctant is the sculpt .Does it look nice in person and can it blend in nice with the other Sideshow figures?

If you post more photos that would be swell.
On the already posted photos in your last reply, it even looks like they are from two different figures. (the group shot version even doesn't seem to have a moustache)

If you post more photos that would be swell.
On the already posted photos in your last reply, it even looks like they are from two different figures. (the group shot version even doesn't seem to have a moustache)

Yes, they are different. Even his eyebrows are different. Hadn't noticed that before. They were just old pics I happened upon, as are these.
2195kkx.jpg
2ut2q6u.jpg
wcmsts.jpg

You will get a PM shortly amarcord. Good Luck.

Think I might even hunt for one, only thing that makes me a little reluctant is the sculpt .Does it look nice in person and can it blend in nice with the other Sideshow figures?
The sculpt isn't that bad, it has a Medicom look to it, with all the detail painted on. The capes material is it's downfall, still, the red crimsony lining provides a nice contrast. I'll take a pic of the head, so you get a better idea, and update this post.

30cx66h.jpg
s6kdc7.jpg

Last edited:
I have the Hasbro Frank and Wolfie -- they're fun figures if not as good as Sideshow's.

I think all y'all will like the Photo Archive feature going live tomorrow on CTR...

all.jpg

16.jpg

16.jpg

12.jpg

02.jpg

I'll be in Japan covering Celebration Japan for Rebelscum, so I've been editing photos like a madman to give you something fun to look at this week. A shame I'm still missing three of SSC's Universal monsters. I hope the bunch of you like it (there'll be a surprise to go along with it too...)

Back