Should the mods explain why a post is deleted?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wanderer

Super Freak
Reaction score
So here we are...another one of my posts deleted by a mod and no explanation given. Yeah if it's justifiable for whatever reason, then go ahead and do it...but give us a reason so we can surely learn from our mistakes:banghead
I liken it to someone who 'deviates' from the dictators ideals is then taken away silently into the night to be shot...
Does anyone else get a little annoyed with this dodgy practice?
Credit to the leader Dave, he runs a tight ship, but so did Hitler :rolleyes:

Nope. If something you post or something you do gets deleted (i.e. a sig or posting a link etc.) you should hopefully have enough sense to know what the problem was. Unless you randomly post and don't bother to take note of what you're posting. And in that case, why would you even care!?

I think it would be a courtesy for the mod to explain, but all it usually does when they do explain it is open themselves up for a bunch of annoying PMs from the member whose post was deleted trying to argue.

captain%20crunch.gif

Other than information and engineering, I don't see the need for a mod to have anything to do with any users posts for whatever reason. Help me to see what the point is in the first place to have someone cleaning up conversations.

i don't get why some threads are deleted and some, like political threads, are just locked. i think all political threads should be deleted. Locking them just lets the thread starter get their 2 cents in for everybody to read.

i hate politics.

Cap'n Crunch was an engineer? I'm so confused.

Well :duh

He engineers the Crunch in his cereal. You don't think that Crunch appears naturally do you!? I'd try to explain but it's obvious your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures.

hahahahahaa.jpg

If you remembered what you posted it should be fairly obvious why it was deleted.

The only time that might not be true if it was deleted for a quote. Frequently when an objectionable post is quoted the quoting post is completely deleted too, even if the new poster didn't do anything wrong.

Some forums and some threads are more sensitive - if we feel a thread is of value but it gets derailed by idiots posting Tom Cruise pictures we'll delete the derail posts and leave the thread. If the entire thread has some interesting discussion but has devolved into only idiots posting Tom Cruise pictures then it will be locked.

Some threads are locked and not deleted so people won't post yet another thread "Hey, where did the stupid Tom Cruise picture thread go?" But if there are insults and or inappropriate material in a thread then it WILL be deleted.

If you are truly at a loss as to why a thread was deleted or edited then PM the mod who did it - you'll see who that mod is on the post, although no one else will.

But I don't think we need to explain why the 500th pic of a naked woman with a Hulk statue up her butt was removed.

Back