Should Sideshow Change Leonardo?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Sideshow Leonardo Be Changed?

• Change Facial Expression Only

Votes: 47 51.1%
  • Entire Thing Needs Redone

Votes: 25 27.2%
  • I Am Pleased With Leonardo

Votes: 20 21.7%

• Total voters
Or how many of the 81.7% were actually going to purchase it before the photos were shown and not just being dicks. That is why it should have been a public poll.

I was going to buy before seeing the pictures, but now I'm not because the statue is fugly. You have to be out of your mind to purchase a $200 collectible statue sight unseen unless you just don't really care flushing your money down the toilet. I am not going to do so. I want my $200 going to something I am nearly 100% positive on.

Should they Remove the bitter beer face? Yes. Will they? No. What you see is what you'll get folks. Deal with it.

I was going to buy before seeing the pictures, but now I'm not because the statue is fugly. You have to be out of your mind to purchase a $200 collectible statue sight unseen unless you just don't really care flushing your money down the toilet. I am not going to do so. I want my $200 going to something I am nearly 100% positive on.

Am i disghusted with the Leo sculpt, YES, do i want to purchase the statue, NO...am i going to probably YES, just to complete the set. If it was only 1 statue (like Rambo) there is no way in HELL i would waste $200 on somehting i wasn't completley satisfied with, unfortunately this is a set and 3 of the 4 are KILLER. I will secure my preorder EX and I will think about it long and hard.

I have lost a great amount of respect for Sideshow. It's no coincidence they released the worst sculpt of the set last and the best sculpt first. I think that's a total slap in the face to their fans and collectors. Chances of the sculpt changing NO CHANCE IN HELL.

Yeeeaaa...you would out of your mind for NOT ordering this. I 100000% disagree with on this. The statue isn't perfect but it is still damn cool. The complaints on this statue are ridonkulous. MOVE ON please.

I have lost a great amount of respect for Sideshow. It's no coincidence they released the worst sculpt of the set last and the best sculpt first. I think that's a total slap in the face to their fans and collectors. Chances of the sculpt changing NO CHANCE IN HELL.

Is it really that big of a slap in the face? I think everyone is blowing this WAY out of proportion.

may I ask what is ridonkulous about the complaints.

I see nothing ridonkulous about it.

I see everything ridonkulous about it because I don't agree with most of them. The only one I will give you is the expression on his face could be better but the most insane one I heard was they wanted his swords to be chrome? WTF. This will go great with the others.

I guess you are in the SIDESHOW can do NO WRONG type of group.

It's not a slap in the face, it's a kick in the balls.

Don't be a fool, I am most certainly not a Sideshow fan boy. I think that is reflected in most of my posts but some of you getting up in arms about this statue I think are taking WAY too seriously.

Well 80% of the people voting disagree :/ so a good number of people see something wrong with it

Well 80% of the people voting disagree :/ so a good number of people see something wrong with it

Well that number is skewed because it should be split up in people who want the facial expression changed, which AGAIN I said that is the only thing that I think could be updated, and the people who want it completely trashed and redone.

Not sure how I am consider some sort of fanboy when I even said that it could be changed.

Don't be a fool, I am most certainly not a Sideshow fan boy. I think that is reflected in most of my posts but some of you getting up in arms about this statue I think are taking WAY too seriously.

I agree with you about the chrome swords, i actually think the swords are fine.

I am taking it seriously. With shipping we're spending close to $1,000 on these heroes in half shells. If I want to complete the set I am forced to purchase a statue i am not satified with, which really bugs me, that's all i'm pissed about. If they offered Leo first, then it would've given me a chance to see how bad i really wanted to collect the line...and to be honest...if he was offered first, i probably would've spent my $$$$ elsewhere.

Sexy, i don't mean to accuse you of being a fanboy, but for some reason (from reading your posts) you have Sideshow's back on this one

I agree with you about the chrome swords, i actually think the swords are fine.

I am taking it seriously. With shipping we're spending close to $1,000 on these heroes in half shells. If I want to complete the set I am forced to purchase a statue i am not satified with, which really bugs me, that's all i'm pissed about. If they offered Leo first, then it would've given me a chance to see how bad i really wanted to collect the line...and to be honest...if he was offered first, i probably would've spent my $$$$ elsewhere.

Sexy, i don't mean to accuse you of being a fanboy, but for some reason (from reading your posts) you have Sideshow's back on this one

:duff

It is all good. I think I am just being a TMNT fanboy. I can honestly say that I will buy it as is and be fine with it. I of course think things could be changed but I fan fine with enough that I will purchase it. I the long run I think when all 4 are together they will look pretty damn amazing you might not notice any of the fine annoying details.

Donatello stands alone as perfection.

Leonardo, not so much...

But yes, together, his brothers will help mask his imperfections. Or will they only make them stand out more. Hmmm...

Donatello stands alone as perfection.

Leonardo, not so much...

But yes, together, his brothers will help mask his imperfections. Or will they only make them stand out more. Hmmm...

The biggest kick in the balls is when you have friends, family or co-workers over and they check out the TMNT collection and say "WOOOOW, that looks great, what the hell is wrong with Leonardo? He looks goofy"

Then you have to say some nonse to come to Sideshow's defense like, he's the serious one, the leader, he doesn't smile."

Back