Should I pony up $500 for PF Vader or wait?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hold off. I liked it but was never fully satisfied with it. And $500 is definitely too much for it.

^^I personally think the existing piece is great but I'm sure the list of flaws will come out with the opinion of a Vader enthusiast. Jkno will have to chime in on this one. He seems to know more on this subject than I do. Imperials are his specialty.

Indeed the existing PF Vader is not very accurate, the helmet has some issues, but even so it is a very impressive piece. I like the pose, much more than the weird looking pose on the uber-expensive Cinemaquette (CM) Vader. Vader PF works well in pair with Obi-Wan

Wish SS would consider an imposing pose something like Attakus 1 in the future, Vader doesn't necessarily need a lighted plastic pole to look impressive.

I first got my PF regular Vader years ago, after a very long search and last year I got the exclusive Mouse Droid for an excellent price:

Vaderdisplay02.jpg

If they do a second Vader PF, maybe he won't have a light saber, so it stands out from the existing PF. Add me to the list of people who can't tell the difference between the Vader costumes from film to film. A second Vader would need to be distinct in more ways than just the color or number of lights on his chest piece. Maybe a force choke pose, or reaching out to Luke from ESB.

If they do a second Vader PF, maybe he won't have a light saber, so it stands out from the existing PF. Add me to the list of people who can't tell the difference between the Vader costumes from film to film. A second Vader would need to be distinct in more ways than just the color or number of lights on his chest piece. Maybe a force choke pose, or reaching out to Luke from ESB.

:exactly:
I'll be surprised if it ISN'T reaching out to Luke during the
"'join me and we can rule the galaxy as father and son!" line.

get the current vader now. you'll never know how much it would cost if eventually a second one gets released. just looking at the trend, vader memorabilia increases in value regardless of make. it's not a bad stat as well. we're just looking at hopes that SS will come up with a better one.

I would wait. IMO, the original PF was diasppointing. The helmet is very inaccurate.

If you are a Vader collector, this is kind of a must -- is it great? Well it is nice; aas some have said, the pose is decent but the details are a little weird - the helmet and face are nowhere near accurate, the materials are nice, --but I think whatever they do next should look better.

It is still a nice piece to have and it is an impressive display -- But if you are just looking for a nice PF Vader -- the chances they improve this time around should increase...considering how much flack they rec'd from the first release and esp after the 1/6 figure came out, so one can hope theyare conscious of getting the look ryt...

I would wait. IMO, the original PF was diasppointing. The helmet is very inaccurate.

Don't be sure the new one will be more accurate or cheaper. Sideshow is not known for accuracy, but for "artistic interpretation" of the character, whatever that means...:dunno

Back