Should i buy IM mark3 lifesize bust?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenny396

Freakalicious
Reaction score
i really like it even though it has paint problem, should i buy it? if so, it would be my first lifesize bust! or should i wait for SS to re-issue a prefect ver. in the future?

i really like it even though it has paint problem, should i buy it? if so, it would be my first lifesize bust! or should i wait for SS to re-issue a prefect ver. in the future?

That's just a risk you're going to be willing to take..... If you search and read enough, you'll see that this piece is cursed with paint issues :(

I was REALLY REALLY looking forward to this piece.... But with all the paint issues and the high price tag, it wasn't worth the risk IMO. I still think it's a SUPER cool piece, but if I got anything LESS than perfection at this price, I'd be TICKED :mad:

Good luck tho :peace

I would honestly wait. With all of the paint issues this piece has, and for all of the issues it MAY have in years to come, I would wait. That's not saying you won't find a "perfect" bust. It may exist, but there numbers continue to dwindle.

I personally would wait for another alternative. I was actually looking to purchase one, but will undoubtedly pass until Sideshow addresses the issue.

why would you possibly even consider buying this piece after all the issues that have been having. If you want to waste your money, go for it.

If you have to ask on a forum for other's opinions on whether or not to get it then the answer is no. Hesitation of any kind equals ultimate disatisifaction with the piece. All of the things I own are things I ordered and paid no attention one way or another to what people said. I wanted them and that was enough.

If you have to ask on a forum for other's opinions on whether or not to get it then the answer is no. Hesitation of any kind equals ultimate disatisifaction with the piece. All of the things I own are things I ordered and paid no attention one way or another to what people said. I wanted them and that was enough.

what he said :lecture:lecture

If you have the room, why not?

This is why not:

ironmanbustePB1.jpg

Not my pictures, but a lot of people are having the same problem.

If you have space and money to burn, why not? It is indeed a nice bust for sure. If you ask the board members opinion, then you will never own this bust for sure. If you do like it, go a head and enjoy it. In case you got the bad quality paint, then you can ask the good repainter to spray for you. At end of day, it makes you happy and that is all about. Just enjoy and have a fun for you life.

Here my repainted one. hope it helps you make the decision.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36763&page=60

ironman2-4.jpg

ironman6-2.jpg

Thks
Rgds
Amin Ko

Wow..Amin Ko got a perfect one since he repainted it the correct way.

If you like it, get it on Ebay for less and then use the extra money for a new paint job.

The value of this piece is depreciating. The last one on sold on Ebay for $531 (no shipping) and $635 (with free shipping).

Good luck.

All of the things I own are things I ordered and paid no attention one way or another to what people said. I wanted them and that was enough.

I agree. I don't use other's opinions on the look or cost effectiveness of a piece to decide what to order for myself. Still it is nice to get fair warning if a piece has paint issues like the IM 1:1 has.

I had two myself and they are perfect. Every mass production will have its own defect, just come down to luck of the draw. I have the same problem with Darkness LSB, the paint flake off just like some of the IM bust. Make sure the piece is in perfect condition before you buy it and you can return it if problems may happen in the future.

Last edited:
I did buy one and I have had no problems so far ::knock on wood::

I would say if youre going to buy one, buy it second hand from a REPUTABLE collector that can check it out and make sure there are no major defects.

Good luck...

Even though I personally would not drop the cash on this piece, I know exactly where's he coming from. All defects aside, the bust rocks! but there would be nothing worst than getting it, the discovering that you've got yet another defective bust. that would suck!

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/general/whos-the-best-batman-voice-in-animation-you-decide/?tracker=4075"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/general/whos-the-best-batman-voice-in-animation-you-decide/?tracker=4075" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>If you have space and money to burn, why not? It is indeed a nice bust for sure. If you ask the board members opinion, then you will never own this bust for sure. If you do like it, go a head and enjoy it. In case you got the bad quality paint, then you can ask the good repainter to spray for you. At end of day, it makes you happy and that is all about. Just enjoy and have a fun for you life.

Here my repainted one. hope it helps you make the decision.

That is a nice repaint job, the bust has a lot of potential.

Back