Short neck plugs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yodasodabo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Wondering if there was a specific HT fig with a shorter neck plug/post to the normal one. My figures neck is either too long or the neck plug is too high. This I one of those bootleg narrow shoulder.
duvyreby.jpg

I have never recalled seeing shorter neck plugs. You may need to shorten the neck.

Yep, usually shortening the neck will do the trick and it's easier than trying to shorten the plug.

Now just out of curiosity... have you dressed the figure yet? Sometimes heads look too tall on the body, but then look correct when dressed.

I have a dremel but how should I go about shortening the neck? Sanding or cutting? And yea, here's a pic of him dressed. It might just be the jacket.
qapeda9e.jpg

The length doesn't look too bad to me.

But if you cut the neck I'd use a cutting disc first (the thinnest one) and try to make sure it's level. Then you can also use the top of the same disc to sand it down a bit to make sure it's clean and level.

The pvc heads can melt a bit, so don't go to fast and then clean any of the mess either by pulling it off or using fine grit sandpaper. Even if the bottom is a bit wonky it's not too big of a deal since the collar will hide it. You might also need to dremmel out a bit of the inside of his neck if the neck adapter no longer fits.

Yea, it's not too bad and I plan to get the jacket from the upcoming HTs fig which has an even longer collar to hide the neck. But I'll give your tips a try as I'm just that nitpicky as with most in this hobby. Thanks for the info brother!

Back