Share Your Gi Joe / Cobra Displays Here!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I mean the Desert Sniper :) awesome Joe collection by the way and I love that you're keeping the Joe thread alive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks i was a huge fan of the marvel comics and was really sad when it got cancelled, didn't follow it much after the marvel run, now sideshow is also killing the joe line, so i'll just revive it as much as i can :)

Oh and regarding the desert troops i'll probably hunt them down after i get some dragon ninjas 1st :)

Yo joooe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426161867.296015.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426161893.429558.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426161945.369502.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426161968.385732.jpg

I really need to update some of the pics I have saved on my phone, but here are a couple of mine from the past...

(Sent from my iPhone5s using the Tapatalk app)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426162045.008841.jpg

From a few years ago... I've since sold off the CGs and added a bunch more Desert troops....

(Sent from my iPhone5s using the Tapatalk app)

I was wondering which universe do you see when you collect or setup your gijoe displays?

For me its mostly a mix between the Marvel comics run and the cartoon

I still didnt read any of the IDW comics, are they faithful to the marvel run?

GI_Joe-RAH214-covA.jpg

gijoe46.jpg

GI_JOE_RealAmericanHero_Vol3.jpg

1694941-gi_joe__1982_marvel__60.jpeg

3014354-g.i.+joe+a+real+american+hero+v1+#98+-+page+1.jpg

@abazou The latest run you have up there picks right up where Hama left it when Marvel cancelled it. He started with the same numbering and all. Which is why that cover you show is already at 214.

@abazou The latest run you have up there picks right up where Hama left it when Marvel cancelled it. He started with the same numbering and all. Which is why that cover you show is already at 214.

Thanks im getting the new classic gijoe volumes released by IDW, hopefully they will continue after the marvel era as well.

Thanks im getting the new classic gijoe volumes released by IDW, hopefully they will continue after the marvel era as well.
Those just collect the entire marvel run in 15 volumes. The collected editions of the newer runs don't have classic in the title and start with issue #155 1/2. Larry "Godfather Joe" Hama is the writer of all of them pretty much.

Those just collect the entire marvel run in 15 volumes. The collected editions of the newer runs don't have classic in the title and start with issue #155 1/2. Larry "Godfather Joe" Hama is the writer of all of them pretty much.

GIJOE CLASSIC VOL016 CVR__scaled_800.jpg

Classic G.I. JOE, Vol. 16
Larry Hama (w) • Agustin Padilla, S L Gallant (a) • Chris Madden (c)
Originally ending at issue #155, long-time G.I. JOE scribe Larry Hama and artists Agustin Padilla and S L Gallant pick up the story where it left off. Collects issues #155 1/2–165.
TPB • FC • $29.99 • 268 pages • ISBN: 978-1-63140-318-7

G.I.Joe Comic Solicitations From IDW For May 2015

View attachment 172607

Classic G.I. JOE, Vol. 16
Larry Hama (w) • Agustin Padilla, S L Gallant (a) • Chris Madden (c)
Originally ending at issue #155, long-time G.I. JOE scribe Larry Hama and artists Agustin Padilla and S L Gallant pick up the story where it left off. Collects issues #155 1/2–165.
TPB • FC • $29.99 • 268 pages • ISBN: 978-1-63140-318-7

G.I.Joe Comic Solicitations From IDW For May 2015

that would make a good cartoon with those designs

bb000b601de8644407e01d33be5fa8b7.jpg

Is that really how cobra commander looks like unmasked? :)

bb000b601de8644407e01d33be5fa8b7.jpg

Is that really how cobra commander looks like unmasked? :)

Yep pretty much! Except his hair is actually brown like his son's. Supposedly when he first appeared like this it was in disguise. But as it turned out it was only the hat and longer mustache. He was recognized by a state trooper who pulled him and Destro over for speeding as being the father to a boy who was laying in the hospital in a coma. Which turned out to be his son Billy.

Yep pretty much! Except his hair is actually brown like his son's. Supposedly when he first appeared like this it was in disguise. But as it turned out it was only the hat and longer mustache. He was recognized by a state trooper who pulled him and Destro over for speeding as being the father to a boy who was laying in the hospital in a coma. Which turned out to be his son Billy.

I wonder why sideshow didn't give us any unmasked cobra commander head with all the versions they released. Then again they did go with very weird decisions with their choices.

I wonder why sideshow didn't give us any unmasked cobra commander head with all the versions they released. Then again they did go with very weird decisions with their choices.

I don't know dude! I made an alternate comic head for mine. I posted it a few months ago in the "show us your customs thread".

Back