Share your broken statue stories.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankfully I've only had 3 minor cases of breaks, and all of them were minor cases they were easily fixed with minimal effort.

Cases 1 and 2 involved the Black Symbiote suit and Classic Red/Blue Toby Maguire Spider-Man 1/6 busts by Sideshow (Both were give by a friend who owns the distributorship of Sony Home Videos and gave me complimentary units of the busts that they were giving away as promo pieces for the DVD and BluRay release of Spider-Man 3). On separate occasions during cleaning I broke a finger on both statues. They were fragile, but luckily both were clean breaks and I can't even remember which hands had their pinkies off when re-attached with a superglue.

Case #3 happened less than a year ago. It was just a small paint chip on Red Sonja PF's hair. Mixed acrylic paints to match her hair color and had it fixed in a jiff :)

Yeah exactly. I'm still thinking about it right now even. Eventually I'll forget it but it crosses my mind like every hour. Totally my fault but why did there have to be so much weight on one side in the first place? The base should be wider. There wasn't much they could do like they did with the Thor statue by adding an extra piece but they should've just redesigned the whole base completely. Like for as many times as the Batman PF was delayed they could've at least redesigned the base.

While a bigger base diameter could have provided more support on the weight of the Batman PF (particularly its cape's weight), replacing the rubber pads Sideshow placed under the base certainly helps the entire statue become more stable and balanced. Not one week on display and the pad on my Modern Bat's base -- the one under Batman's left foot, by the heel -- almost flattened by at least 50% of its original thickness. I bought a set of 3M BUMPONS, removed all 4 stock pads (seriously, SSC, only 4 soft pads on a heavy statue?!), and replaced them with 14 bumpons. Almost 2 weeks now and the bumpons have amazingly kept its shape and thickness.

527877_LB_00_FB.EPS_1000.jpg

View attachment 243411View attachment 243412View attachment 243413

I bought this custom piece a couple months back and it came in broken in two spots. Not bad breaks, but still breaks. I don't have enough skills to fix these breaks and the statue is too big to ship or take anywhere to have it fixed. The seller gave me a small refund for my problems, but still I'm kind of stuck in a tough place now with it. Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks

That's a great statue, congrats!!! Too bad it arrived damaged. Maybe you can find someone local that can come over and fix it. Perhaps contact a local hobby shop. Are you near Eide's Eide's Entertainment They have a statue guy that fixes these things, maybe they can refer you. The manager is Ken he is a really nice guy.

Hi!

This is my first reply in this forum. I didn't want to share this kind of story, but it happened to me. I have a Nathan Drake PF Exclusive version, and decided to store it at the box since it was gathering dust, also, inside the box there was the exclusive arm with the KAL Rifle, which I have stored inside it to avoid damages and dust.

Ironically, when I was trying to remove the styrofoam box from the paper sleeve, I decided it was a good idea to shake the box so as the styrofoam box could come down. That was a really bad idea! When I managed to open the styrofoam box, I found out that the exclusive arm was broken, and now I am trying to reach SS and verify if they have a spare arm or if they can fix it.

12736451_869782033138677_2084922270_n.jpg

When I got the SSC Batman PF Black n grey I assembled it on my carpet floor and the weight of the cape and lack of adhesive foundation support it tipped over and fell just sitting on a carpet floor the gauntlet spikes on one arm broke off and there is a small hole in one of the back of the legs on the suit. So it's safe to say that statue is mine forever and I'll probably throw away the gigantic box lol maybe break down the box and keep the artwork.

I just got my Batgirl PF yesterday, assembled her and then put her on the shelf. Unfortunately, I didn't secure the head down enough for the magnet to take (due to the cape) and I found her head on the floor with a broken bat ear. I can't find all of the pieces so it looks like I'll have to repair her and find matching paint.:(

My modern Batman PF head fell off because of the weak magnet and broke the ears into pieces. Happened at about midnight and I pretty much just laid in my bed pissed all night. Thankfully Sideshow sent me a a replacement

I broke one of the leg spines and the heel of my Kerrigan during assembly. Nothing a scale hobbyist can't fix in a few minutes.

Snapped one of the vines of my Poison Ivy Green with Envy while I was moving her. Another simple fix.

My Gaming Head's Lara Croft had an issue with crumbling polystone around her wrist area where the hand holding the bow is attached. I was able to fix it, but wasn't real happy about that, and I have doubts about the longevity of the statue.

I just had a guy break my Skaar's PF hair :( I hired him to set up lights on a display I got and I moved almost all the statues except the ones he said I wouldn't have to move and he wouldn't touch them needles to say he lied he decided to move my Skaar and snapped a thin part of his hair I still paid him just not what we agreed on then I had a friend offer to "fix it" and he just glued it were you can still see the crack -.- it's not terrible and barely noticeable but I know and that is enough to bother me lol

I just had a guy break my Skaar's PF hair :( I hired him to set up lights on a display I got and I moved almost all the statues except the ones he said I wouldn't have to move and he wouldn't touch them needles to say he lied he decided to move my Skaar and snapped a thin part of his hair I still paid him just not what we agreed on then I had a friend offer to "fix it" and he just glued it were you can still see the crack -.- it's not terrible and barely noticeable but I know and that is enough to bother me lol

sorry to hear dude.

judgejudy-002.jpg

Hey i got a broken statue from a seller here. Im not trying to put them on blast or anything like that, but they haven't replied. I sent them an email the day i got the statue to tell them that the base was chipped and there were two breaks on other parts of the statues. Yesterday I contacted them through paypal and told them the same thing i did on the first email and I haven't got a reply.
Should I escalate to paypal? Or should i wait?
And if i do escalate does paypal pay fro return shipping? And how do i upload pictures on paypal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had 3 significant ones:

1. I was traveling out of town and made the mistake of letting my ne'er do well brother stay at my place while I was gone. When I got back from the trip, I walked into the house and saw the head of my SSC Batman Premium Format on the coffee table with one of the ears broken off, along with a note of apology from my brother. Apparently when he was leaving his bag hit my Detolf from Ikea (My Batman PF is on top of it, because it won't fit inside) and the head fell about 8 feet to the floor. And no, our relationship was never the same.

I was able to glue it back on and anyone who's not me says you can't tell it's broken. But I can tell.

2. I have a small collection of the DC Collectibles Women of the DC Universe busts. I came home one day and found my Wonder Girl with one of the arms broken off still connected to the Magic Lasso. My nephew who was about 13 at the time got quite an earful. Later I discovered that this piece was designed with a too narrow base and just consistently falls over with very little agitation. I haven't apologized to my nephew.

3. Whilst moving I managed to shatter an Alex Ross Collectors plate of the Justice League. I came the closest to weeping that day.

I've had 3 significant ones:

1. I was traveling out of town and made the mistake of letting my ne'er do well brother stay at my place while I was gone. When I got back from the trip, I walked into the house and saw the head of my SSC Batman Premium Format on the coffee table with one of the ears broken off, along with a note of apology from my brother. Apparently when he was leaving his bag hit my Detolf from Ikea (My Batman PF is on top of it, because it won't fit inside) and the head fell about 8 feet to the floor. And no, our relationship was never the same.

I was able to glue it back on and anyone who's not me says you can't tell it's broken. But I can tell.

2. I have a small collection of the DC Collectibles Women of the DC Universe busts. I came home one day and found my Wonder Girl with one of the arms broken off still connected to the Magic Lasso. My nephew who was about 13 at the time got quite an earful. Later I discovered that this piece was designed with a too narrow base and just consistently falls over with very little agitation. I haven't apologized to my nephew.

3. Whilst moving I managed to shatter an Alex Ross Collectors plate of the Justice League. I came the closest to weeping that day.

Not to sound like an ass..but you seem to put your statues before your family?

Back