Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (September 3rd, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's fun giving that empty-headed "interviewer" a hard time about the nonsense she was spewing, but in all likelihood she was instructed exactly what to say beforehand.

Doesn't lessen the cringe even an iota, though.

Apparently this movie still hasn’t been approved in China, along with Black Widow and Eternals. RIP China money.

It's awesome that after 2018's Captain Marvel finally gave a woman a starring role in a motion picture we now have the very first Asian lead. Maybe next year a homosexual will finally do something in Hollywood.
kevin spacey and brian singer say hi and are you up for a pool party lol

ill get my coat lol

I think she was more referring to Hollywood blockbusters versus international cinema but nonetheless even if that was the case she was still wrong.
But she said wide audience to. Parasite was world wide and received greatly by everyone

Marvel gave us half of Miles Morales.
+
5gbsym.gif

And the Mandalorian, Poe Dameron, Ahsoka, DJ (snicker), and Cassian.
+
tumblr_ovztlmvTxg1w8mobyo1_400.gifv

Last edited:
But… we had plenty of Asian heroes marketed to wide audiences? Why do people act like marvel does everything first and the last 20 or so years it was nothing but white men on screen.
Mortal kombat has an Asian lead and was marketed to a wide audience in the 90s. That movie was huge.

people act like marvel breaks new ground with new ideas when we literally had this before. Black panther was great but we had black superheroes on screen, we had women heroes on screen and we had Asian .

I just…
I specifically said superheroes. Mortal Kombat wasn't the juggernaut Marvel is. Also I don't know too many children watching Kurasawa films.

I'm not saying these movies don't matter but this is something different. Why is everyone so eager to rush and point out that other films with different ethnicities exist?

Why is everyone so eager to rush and point out that other films with different ethnicities exist?
It's just the eyerolling way the media talks about it to garner praise and pats on the back like as though it's totally new and creditable solely to the current times. No one is saying there shouldn't continue to be films with diversity just because there already was in the past. At least I don't think anyone here is saying that.

I'm not saying these movies don't matter but this is something different. Why is everyone so eager to rush and point out that other films with different ethnicities exist?
You're right, in that this type of contemporary blockbuster aimed at younger audiences is a different animal, and I'm the first to agree that representation matters.

But as others have said, there's a very dumbed-down, soundbite-style surrounding these releases that IMO hurts progress more than it helps it, by oversimplifying and ignoring what co-exists with it.

Back