Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (September 3rd, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imax tickets bought :yess:

Can’t wait for it to suck :yess:
They should hand out fortune cookies for this movie and when you crack it open to read it, it says, "There will be more Marvel movies in your future. DC still sucks."

Well I for one think it's just fantastic that all those poor little Asian Americans that have never seen an Asian action hero in a movie before are finally getting a chance to see an ALL Asian cast in an action movie.
I am pretty excited too. An Asian superhero movie marketed for a wide audience? Awesome! Representation matters.

I am pretty excited too. An Asian superhero movie marketed for a wide audience? Awesome! Representation matters.
But… we had plenty of Asian heroes marketed to wide audiences? Why do people act like marvel does everything first and the last 20 or so years it was nothing but white men on screen.
Mortal kombat has an Asian lead and was marketed to a wide audience in the 90s. That movie was huge.

people act like marvel breaks new ground with new ideas when we literally had this before. Black panther was great but we had black superheroes on screen, we had women heroes on screen and we had Asian .

I just…

But… we had plenty of Asian heroes marketed to wide audiences? Why do people act like marvel does everything first and the last 20 or so years it was nothing but white men on screen.
Mortal kombat has an Asian lead and was marketed to a wide audience in the 90s. That movie was huge.

people act like marvel breaks new ground with new ideas when we literally had this before. Black panther was great but we had black superheroes on screen, we had women heroes on screen and we had Asian .

I just…
Savage

I guess Donnie Yen in RO wasn’t a hero :slap

Savage

I guess Donnie Yen in RO wasn’t a hero :slap
Lol it’s annoying that whenever marvel does something people act like it’s ground breaking and the first. If marvel puts in a gay character. They are the first studio ever to put in a gay character.
Gosh that’s annoying. Did people suddenly forget mulan and how it’s a Disney classic and goes against gender norms? That’s way more progressive than Shang chi. But let’s give marvel the credit. Lol sheesh .
Sorry. Just hate when people praise marvel for doing what was already done

It's awesome that after 2018's Captain Marvel finally gave a woman a starring role in a motion picture we now have the very first Asian lead. Maybe next year a homosexual will finally do something in Hollywood.

I just…
Actual footage of a Disney PR flack meeting with @ironwez20

It's awesome that after 2018's Captain Marvel finally gave a woman a starring role in a motion picture we now have the very first Asian lead. Maybe next year a homosexual will finally do something in Hollywood.
Not only did Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon have an asian superhero because that’s what they are considered in that mythology and not only was that hero a female BUT it was PLAYED BY THE SAME ACTRESS FROM Shang!!!!! :slap

They even flew in CTHD just like they do in Shang!

I’m surprised that dumb interviewer didn’t also claim that they fly now!

Not only did Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon have an asian superhero because that’s what they are considered in that mythology and not only was that hero a female BUT it was PLAYED BY THE SAME ACTRESS FROM Shang!!!!! :slap

They even flew in CTHD just like they do in Shang!

I’m surprised that dumb interviewer didn’t also claim that they fly now!
:lol :lol

Not a hero movie but parasite won best picture and was an all Asian cast and was a foreign film. But marvel came out with a generic action hero guy finally. So screw the last few decades of Asian cinema. If marvel does it then they are the first. Yay!

Asians have had it really rough when it comes to movies.

Sometimes I watch an awesome action movie classic, like "The Magnificent Seven" and I just feel so bad for little Asian kids that never get to see themselves up on screen as the heroes willing to sacrifice their lives to save a small village by bravely uniting against the band of thieves.

If only there were some way kids could have seen something like that.....even decades ago, or even maybe more than half a century ago.

Ah heck. Listen to me. Such crazy talk.

Not a hero movie but parasite won best picture and was an all Asian cast and was a foreign film. But marvel came out with a generic action hero guy finally. So screw the last few decades of Asian cinema. If marvel does it then they are the first. Yay!
I think she was more referring to Hollywood blockbusters versus international cinema but nonetheless even if that was the case she was still wrong.

Asians have had it really rough when it comes to movies.

Sometimes I watch an awesome action movie classic, like "The Magnificent Seven" and I just feel so bad for little Asian kids that never get to see themselves up on screen as the heroes willing to sacrifice their lives to save a small village by bravely uniting against the band of thieves.

If only there were some way kids could have seen something like that.....even decades ago, or even maybe more than half a century ago.

Ah heck. Listen to me. Such crazy talk.
I know you're talking about Kurosawa's 1954 Seven Samurai (which is better than the 1960 western remake which is way better than the 2016 remake of the remake), but I know what you said will go.over the head of some.

Back