Media Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So excellent movie and now a game out in 4 months, great time to be a TR fan.

I loved the first game. Got the second one during Black Friday like Biojex, but haven't even tried it out yet(something that happens to me a lot with games these days). Sucks to hear it's boring.

Wow, so many folks venting their Rise frustrations, I honestly never knew! I thought I was the only one who can't finish it because it's too boring and was trying to be polite not to bring it up, since I know a lot of people loved the reboot series.

What killed it for me was the cliche'd daddy story and the lack of urgency in the "fetch quest" gameplay. I got so bored that I fired up Uncharted 4 for the 16th time. :slap :lol

I will say though, I hope this Shadow of the TR game would be the last of the reboot trilogy so that they can bring Trilogy Lara back and make a sequel to Underworld. :pray:

I agree that Rise's story was too basic, but I did appreciate the game's slower pace. The prior game felt like a 90s action movie to me, which was fine, but there were stretches in Rise during which Lara was simply alone in nature without the urgency of having to establish rescue communiques, and those calmer moments had a stronger "survival" aesthetic to me (ironically). I also thought that the narrated documents had better writing in Rise than they did in TR.

Those technical issues tho :(

I got so bored that I fired up Uncharted 4 for the 16th time. :slap :lol

And... Naughty Dog > Square Enix

Personally... I'm old TR Fan, I like Double Pistols, I like bouncing titties and sexy appeal of Lara. Not... a Tank Top, Cargo pants Life is Strange Lara Croft.

I just hope we actually shoot with guns more instead of a dame bow and arrow. Hunger games ended long ago. Time for Lara to get her pistols out

poor Xbox One purchasers who paid full price on top of having to get all the DLC

A year earlier... yeah I was happy paying full price haha. :yess:

Also lads, you know that D-pad, well it has a pistol, shotgun and machine gun option if you use it... more shooting... k. :slap

Xbox one is just getting demolished this gen. The bigger console always gets the shaft.

A year earlier... yeah I was happy paying full price haha. :yess:

I've been there. I've paid full price for a game I cared about. But if I had paid $60 plus $30 for the season pass...I would have been very disappointed. I paid $15 for everything and I'm still disappointed in the game. :lol

It's picking up near the end though. As expected the third act supernatural stuff has come into play and it's okay.

I loved the first and really enjoyed the second: I liked the side quests and the alternate costumes in Rise such as Baba Yaga. I do want to go back through the game at some point to try and get 100% and unlock the ThunderClap (Golden Shotgun).

Guess it's time to play the second one.

I made it about half way through, I guess halfway, and ran into a glitch in the game that apparently is pretty common AND it doesn't let you play out a scene that lets you advance. I basically played everything for nothing.

What the heck is this?

PS4 has the 20 yr celebration edition (with all of the extras) but no HDR
Xbox 1 only has the regular edition but does have HDR

I have played both, and the best version is PC naturally! Then xbox one x. It's a nice looking game on every version, IMO. Just glad the Shadow of the TR isn't another year exclusivity deal with Xbox. Talk about backlash

I have played both, and the best version is PC naturally! Then xbox one x. It's a nice looking game on every version, IMO. Just glad the Shadow of the TR isn't another year exclusivity deal with Xbox. Talk about backlash

Considering TR started on PS :lol

Back