Sgt. Rock WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had no idea this one was in that range. Not including TTM 19 you already had I figured $150 range tops for the clothes, weapons, and hs. I was way off :lol

I factored in current value of the parts, so a brand new TTM19 is in the 100-150 range this days:lol I got a great deal on the hot toys head from Username, I was looking at them on ebay and there not to cheap:panic:

Excellent.
Glad the head arrived safe and sound.
It's looking great already. I can't wait to see the figure progress.

I factored in current value of the parts, so a brand new TTM19 is in the 100-150 range this days:lol I got a great deal on the hot toys head from Username, I was looking at them on ebay and there not to cheap:panic:

Yeah. I took a hit on a few of the sculpts i have for sale. I figure i can try and get what i *paid*, or i can try and get a reasonable amount on what they are *worth* right now(If only i could convince MyOnline to think that way, lol).
And $40 was what i felt the sculpt was worth in the current market.
I was mostly surprised that the Rescue sculpts haven't sold. I paid $80 each for those ones. I still reckon it's a great Steve Rogers sculpt. I thought people would bite at $50!

Excellent.
Glad the head arrived safe and sound.
It's looking great already. I can't wait to see the figure progress.

Yeah. I took a hit on a few of the sculpts i have for sale. I figure i can try and get what i *paid*, or i can try and get a reasonable amount on what they are *worth* right now(If only i could convince MyOnline to think that way, lol).
And $40 was what i felt the sculpt was worth in the current market.
I was mostly surprised that the Rescue sculpts haven't sold. I paid $80 each for those ones. I still reckon it's a great Steve Rogers sculpt. I thought people would bite at $50!

Yeah your prices are more than fair, I actually have my eye on another one your selling to, but have to take it one project at a time, these things get pricey:lol

Thanks again for all your help in making this project possible:duff

Yeah your prices are more than fair, I actually have my eye on another one your selling to, but have to take it one project at a time, these things get pricey:lol

Thanks again for all your help in making this project possible:duff

No worries.
Glad to help you out.
Be sure to PM me if there's something you want me to put aside for you.

very very nice.... this is my sgt. rock.... i have 3 heads for him, a screaming sculpt, the rock of what he looks like off the net, and some d.i.d sculpt....i had a ton of fun building him.......the dio's are for anything really..
sgt%20rock3_zps7qm7lxeu.jpg

sgt.%20rock2%20-%20Copy_zpsiggxh3mk.jpg

sgtrock15_zpsywuqhvux.jpg

sgtrock16_zpsspuyzlvi.jpg

sgtrock14_zpsxvbzeoea.jpg

sgtrock12_zpsdzrn8j9f.jpg

sgtrock11_zpsbx9jcl2u.jpg

sgtrock8_zpspc5wxwi3.jpg

sgtrock9_zps8fm01l5t.jpg

sgtrock10_zpsrku29rkz.jpg

Great Rock right there, I recognize one of those sculpts as one of Peter the Painters am I right? Really nice work putting that together, weathering looks real good:clap

I decided to advance the weathering a bit more on mine as I wait for parts to arrive

16746600079_ffb1d89b64_b.jpg

16725486637_3ae8c22b95_b.jpg

16906884656_2d6d2bba62_b.jpg

16725489617_f366ced90f_b.jpg

16746603289_74fe3e5681_b.jpg

nice, i wanted him to have that comic cover look, battrerd, bloody, the works...........yes peter done this for me...i am doing the unknown soldier next, got a killer sculpt for it.....i also wanted to do the "losers".....all 4 would be cool......

nice to see another egt. rock....he gets no love...lol....where did you get your uniform from?........also i have patches, extra if you need any, for the helmut or anything..

nice, i wanted him to have that comic cover look, battrerd, bloody, the works...........yes peter done this for me...i am doing the unknown soldier next, got a killer sculpt for it.....i also wanted to do the "losers".....all 4 would be cool......

nice to see another egt. rock....he gets no love...lol....where did you get your uniform from?........also i have patches, extra if you need any, for the helmut or anything..

Well it does look the part, Rock is also portrait as battle damaged on the cover art, great job on that:clap

Your right about Rock, he doesn't get the love, honestly not even sure if they make the comics anymore these days, but wouldn't it be great if they made a movie, Sgt. Rock and easy company, could be fantastic if done right and would appeal to a wider audience outside just comic book nerds:lol Kind of a Nolan style movie, down to earth gritty dark movie, that would be so cool I think.

As for the parts used

Boots: Battle Gear toys-Leather
Uniform: Soldier story
Ammo belt: Soldier story
Helmet: Soldier story-Metal
patches: Soldier story
Body: Hot Toys TTM19
Head: Hot Toys Perseus
30 cal ammo belt: BATTLE GEAR TOYS-Metal
Thompson: Soldier story-Metal
Grenades: Soldier story-Metal
Canteen: Dragon-Metal
Dog Tags: Unknown-Metal

Looking forward to checking out your unknown solider!!

Last edited:
Update: got the Thompson machine gun and 45 cal handgun with holster, got extra mag for the Thompson and spare rounds that can be loaded into the mag, real nice detail. Bonus is the Thompson came weathered right out of the box so that saved me a step, although I did dirty up the strap a bit:yess:

16948666501_4deb845542_b.jpg

16762157200_ff5a76f1a3_b.jpg

16948310942_465b696db1_b.jpg

16763404159_f77a61487d_b.jpg

Back