Action Figure SF Officer's Custom Thread (Starduster??? WIP on pg 23)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SF Officer's Custom Thread (Gung Ho, Law and Order on pg 14)

No, I made the entire uniform. There should be about 12-14 sets floating around out there. Stealthfox has most of them, and I have three remaining in my collection. Ross SC just picked up one in a trade with me.

Last edited:

I really want a couple of those shirts in black...

Re: SF Officer's Custom Thread (Dusty on pg 12, No Pants Valdez (Salvo) on pg 13)

Next is Law and Order. I based my custom off of his second version. I never thought a red t-shirt and light blue vest was very tactical. In my collection of small figures, Law was represented by a custom using V1 lower parts and V2 upper parts. I still need to find a police badge to put on the vest.

Law11_zps5dd621a0.jpg

Law12_zpsb0bdc1e1.jpg

Law14_zpsa45c20f8.jpg

Law13_zpsc4660c7d.jpg

Law15_zps9728fee1.jpg

Law16_zps7e9f9598.jpg

i still really love this...

No, I made the entire uniform. There should be about 12-14 sets floating around out there. Stealthfox has most of them, and I have three remaining in my collection. Ross SC just picked up one in a trade with me.

you did one helluva job on the unis! :clap

Thanks guys! It's nice to know your work is still appreciated as time passes.

Re: SF Officer's Custom Thread (IDW Shipwreck on pg 17)

Long time no play. I decided to update my thread with a new custom of Shipwreck. I built the IDW/ Venom vs Valor version because I never really was a fan of the 70s sailor version, and the Navy Seal version wasn't what I wanted to do right now. Not the most popular choice I'm sure, but I like it!

I used a modified Al Pacino (Carlito) head, a TTM-19 body, ACI sweater, and parts from several other suppliers.

SAM_1440_zpsbe5495a7.jpg
SAM_1436_zpsd0501f0f.jpg
SAM_1439_zps7ab9b254.jpg
SAM_1445_zps47ac6bb6.jpg
SAM_1442_zps98df8f0e.jpg
SAM_1448_zpsda72d679.jpg

Some WIP pictures...gave him a haircut!!!
ShipwreckWIP_zps8f29b856.jpg
SAM_1432_zpse1061fba.jpg
SAM_1431_zps09b634fb.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Pacino makes a pretty good Shipwreck there! Brave move cutting up the Carlito head, I couldn't do it, but that watch cap fits perfectly!
It's hard for me not to see Jack Nicholson when thinking of Shipwreck, but I could get use to a Picino Wreak.

Re: SF Officer's Custom Thread (Shipwreck on pg 17)

Thanks SM! Cutting up the Carlito head was the most nervewracking part of the custom. I did the cutting with a Dremel, and the entire time I was working on the head, i could see myself slipping and cutting off his nose! I got lucky!

I know I'm going against several favored design factors for Shipwreck on the board, but I always thought the character design was outdated, even back in the 80s. As a result, Shipwreck was somewhat neglected in my collection, and I was collecting Joes as an adult even back then! This design helped me to like the character. And I still do hear the Nicholson voice from time to time when I think about the character.

Pacino can play anybody!

The sweater makes him look like one of the Original 13. Really nice work.

I'm a fan of the original design but this picture/figure is AWESOME!
Great choice on the head, glad to see you are still not afraid to mod those nice heads for the bash!:rock
Love that holster where is it from, LMK if you want an anchor tattoo for him! AND i'll be stealing this for my alter version Joe shelf.

Last edited:

Thanks Jeff! Which holster are you talking about? The shoulder holster I picked up from Cotswold, and the leg holster was part of the MP-7 set from Toy City.

I completely forgot the anchor tat!:slap Yea, I'll take a couple! I'll shoot you a PM.

i love what you are doing...love the shipwreck...but now i think of that movie jack N jill with adam sandler, where AP sings and does the commercial for dunkin donuts..lol...sigh...i need help...

This is my GI Joe ARAH Roadblock for the contest, and it really is one of my best customs so far! It involved a body build, sewing, painting, equipment builds, far more than I have ever done.

I built the body using Tony Meis’ concept, but I used a WWE Maximum Agression upper with a KP02 lower. Hands are custom made for gloves, and the head is a modified Power Team head I worked to fit the body.

I sewed the tank top, pants, and holster. I modified a Dragon bayonet, and used Sideshow version 2 Snake Eyes LBE. His pack is made from a clone GI Joe parachute pack mated with a Power Team pack frame. Shoulder straps and waist belt were custom made.

The M2 machinegun and pistol are from dragon, the boots are ACI, and the helmet is Toy City I believe.

Thanks for looking!

RB_zps890f07e8.jpg
RB1_zps8ddd4f9a.jpg
RB4_zps217b2d0e.jpg
RB5_zpse266b532.jpg
RB7_zps95993778.jpg
RB8_zpsced74d88.jpg

A couple with Duke to show Roadblock's size...

RBD1_zps5cbb6623.jpg
RBD2_zpsa89185ca.jpg

WIP pics

DSC03576_zpsc7e81f6e.jpg
DSC03578_zps01c83177.jpg
SAM_1433_zpsccac5486.jpg

Thanks for looking!

RB is perfect! Looks straight off the card art Chris!

Re: SF Officer's Custom Thread (Roadblock on pg 18)

roadblock is a total badass! all around great job!

Back