"Serpent Hunter" Bio Helmet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ItsSinjin

Freaked Out
Reaction score
First off I am VERY new to collectibles. So new that i will get my 1st HT Lost Predator on the 18th. Ok enough intro.

I have the AvP game for the 360, and one of the Bio helmets is called Alien or "Serpent Hunter". I am experienced with sculpting as for i have made a 1:1 scale Halo 3 EVA helmet. But what i AM new to is sculpting on a SMALL scale such as 1:6! I normally use wax clay, but i am probably going to be using sculpey for this project for it wont be casted and will not warp over time. I will be using the lost predator figure for one main reason, its armor will suit it perfectly.

I am a noob so this is my plan:
1.To make a negative mold of the inside of a HT Bio Helmet.
2.Sculpt the mask over it the negative mold.
3.Cure the sculpey.
4.Paint and Voila!

If you have any suggestions PLEASE TELL ME!
And as i said, i probably wont be able to work on it until after the 18th
so try to stay tuned.

I thought i saw one on ebay too! But its probably sold...

For those who are curious about what it looks like:
AlienArmor.jpg

I might recommend casting the entire bio in resin once sculpted. If you leave it just as sculpey, it won't have any flex when putting it over the figure's head and may crack.

Actually depending on how long you cure it depends its hardness :D
Also you can actually boil the sculpey too. Yes i will cast it if i have the right materials.

Question: What would be a good mold release?

Actually depending on how long you cure it depends its hardness :D
Also you can actually boil the sculpey too. Yes i will cast it if i have the right materials.

Question: What would be a good mold release?

You can boil sculpey, but the couple of times I tried it, the result was extremely brittle and prone to chipping :)

That bio has been made a long time ago. Nosferatu Toys(I think is his name) makes the bios and sells them on eBay.

I use Smooth-On's Smooth Cast 300 for resin, Smooth-On's mold release spray and their Mold Max 30. Works well for my bios. Not that expensive either.

That bio has been made a long time ago. Nosferatu Toys(I think is his name) makes the bios and sells them on eBay.

I use Smooth-On's Smooth Cast 300 for resin, Smooth-On's mold release spray and their Mold Max 30. Works well for my bios. Not that expensive either.

yea and you can get a trial kit for like 20 bucks too :D Thats like 10-20Bio masks!

Are you sure thats the ebay name? I cant find it! :(

Last edited:

I'd listen to this man.

ok i found his page he has nothing for sale. Bt his name is Nosferatoys :D

Yea i will use those mold supplies thanks

Yeah bro, I'm sorry I couldn't remember his name letter for letter.

The supplies are great to use. I wish you luck. we all can thrive here on the board. Need any help, I'd be happy to help.

thanks alot guys! and elder i will try not to get between you and superglue

Bro, I wasn't insinuating to that but we chill yo. Everything is done and dropped. I want to get an Alien bio too. I may re-sculpt one of those ones floating around out there to be more accurate this summer.

Bro, I wasn't insinuating to that but we chill yo. Everything is done and dropped. I want to get an Alien bio too. I may re-sculpt one of those ones floating around out there to be more accurate this summer.

Yea that will be awesome! but if you look at it, its has the exact same shape as the p1 but just with sculpted over eyes and SUPER smooth!

Back