Serious question about Star Wars 1:6, SS and HT releases

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to add one more point... When any figure is displayed it is a whole other ball game. I mean held up close I could nit pick and see any faults, but on display my SSC SW figure look great and get their share of love. To be honest, when friends come over they always comment on the SW guys first...and I have great HT figures but the SW guys are so iconic and the figures are good representations of them. That Vader deluxe always gets the most praise.
Now I'm not saying that Hot Toys can't make better (or maybe even worse in some ways) SW figure...I'm just trying to state that on display these guys hold heir own even to the amazing HT stuff.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of people on this forum that will tear SSC down just because the cool kids are doing it. There are tons of SSC figures that probably can't be improved upon by HT - Vader, Emperor, any alien, etc.

Without disparaging SSC's work, I think it's fair to say that their version more closely resembles the Emperor as the end of ROTS. The robes are definitely not the same fabric and cut as the ROTJ robes. Maybe LFL dictated that the ROTS version is the definitive version. I would hope that HT is allowed to make the ROTJ version.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of people on this forum that will tear SSC down just because the cool kids are doing it. There are tons of SSC figures that probably can't be improved upon by HT - Vader, Emperor, any alien, etc.

We all decided that Lejuan is no longer one of the cool kids (BB sig suddenly seemed dated.):lol

Without disparaging SSC's work, I think it's fair to say that their version more closely resembles the Emperor as the end of ROTS. The robes are definitely not the same fabric and cut as the ROTJ robes. Maybe LFL dictated that the ROTS version is the definitive version. I would hope that HT is allowed to make the ROTJ version.

Also something about the sculpt and pinkish paint that makes it seem PT not OT.

And I think many have reiterated that neither SSC Vader turned out to be "the" 1/6 Vader, so a HT shot at Vader would definitely be welcome. Just to be able to remove a 1/6 Vader from the box and put it on display from any angle without a single mod (helmet mod, height mod, cape mod, suit swap...) would be a thing of beauty in and of itself.

We all decided that Lejuan is no longer one of the cool kids (BB sig suddenly seemed dated.):lol

FFC_SSF_Sig_GIF_02_zps9c5508c5.gif

Is Luke/yoda degobah training a possibility?

Thanks

Yeah I was just thinking about that. I don't think Dagobah Luke has ever been done and it would be a really neat set to have the two figures.
Could come with a larger dagobah jungle stand, levitating rocks, Lukes lunch kit, flashlight, backpack for yoda. Would be neat.

Dave: love ya man...but you have SSC stock or something? SSC has perfected clones.....granted. They look amazing. As does their Biker Scout....but the fact you said 'probably' even tells me there is conflict within. Search your feelings, you know it to be true

I'm sorry but Vader probably can't be improved by HT. Vader?! Hurricane beats SS on that and he's a one man show.

I personally believe HT will OWN Vader.

I'm sorry but Vader probably can't be improved by HT. Vader?! Hurricane beats SS on that and he's a one man show.

I personally believe HT will OWN Vader.

Same. I love Hurricane and his Dagobah Luke/Vader head is cool, but the HT version owns all, primarily due to the paint apps so yeah, their HT Vader should rival or surpass the Marmit one

Always nice to see people bashing a perfectly good figure like Darth Vader.

I completely agree with the cool kids remark.

Do some of you bash to fit in?

Dave: love ya man...but you have SSC stock or something? SSC has perfected clones.....granted. They look amazing. As does their Biker Scout....but the fact you said 'probably' even tells me there is conflict within. Search your feelings, you know it to be true

I searched and found his statements to be true.

This! Hot Toys is gonna go all out on SW and their stuff will be better than SS, but from what I know HT will be doing main characters. So SS will be left to fill in the lesser and sometimes cooler characters. Having contacts at both SS and Disney, trust me when I say within 18 months our shelves will look amazing, with the new OT stuff coming. Stuff that was only imaginable before. And no they are not making 1/6 X Wing or TIE fighters or Falcon. Those would be ridiculously huge and take up half a room, they are not possible in 1/6.

I would say wait it out a bit and see what is revealed in the future, you won't miss out on any must have characters. ;)

Just to clarify, are there ANY PT figs in the pipeline at Hot Toys? Anakin? Obi wan? Dooku?

Or is the PT being handled by SS from now on?

Back