"Serenity" Inara Strikes statue (Diamond)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BillyBudd said:
As hot as Inara is, I can't help but feel that the character was a poor choice for a statue. That was the first mistake. I honestly can't see any characters besides River and Malcom selling well.

Personally if the statues,1/4 scale, or 1/6th figure were good I would buy every crew member not just Mal and River. I would love some 1/4 SS of Firefly/Serenity. Jayne would be awesome love to have him in my office with some background music "The man they called Jayne".

Unfortunately my hope for getting anything that I would truely love in form a statue, bust, or any scale figure are probably as likely as they were with Farscape.

DST isn't producing Xander and Giles Essence statues (at least not in the first wave), and the reason is pretty obvious. While they are both important characters, their merchandise simply doesn't sell as well as Willow, Spike, Buffy, or Angel's. Similarly, I don't think the merchandise of many Firefly characters would sell as well as River or Mal merchandise. I could be wrong though. That's just my feeling. But remember that we're talking about statues here. People are extremely selective when it comes to purchasing statues because they are quite expensive.

I don't think Wash or Book would sell as well as any of the other characters. But I would hesitate to get Kaylee, Inara or Zoe.

If done well, I would get any of the characters. Howeve, I'm not that into statues or mini-statues, I prefer actiob figures. I would buy 12 inch action figures of each caharacter in a heartbeat.

I really don't like how the prototype looks. If it ends up looking better upon release I might just have to get one....

Why are you guys posting about a statue of an extra from waterworld in the whedon section?

OH.....um......i see.:monkey1

What in all of this land is that? That certainly isn't Inara. EEEK. She would be wearing some slinky sexy outfit, and posing very delicatly. That is some warrior person that never made it onto Serenity. We must have missed that episode in firefly. Maybe she was on Persiphone and we didn't realize she got on, like a stow-a-way. Hmmm, we should go back and re-watch.

I would buy any Zoe, Mal and River stuff. Prob Jane too. The other's would have to look really great.

I think she looks like a man in drag. :monkey2:monkey2 That face is definitely a man's face....not the beautiful Inara's.

You know, I dunno what I am on but that is exactly what Inara wore in Serenity at the end. Oh well, I was out of it I guess with that last post of mine. It's still hideous tho.

If you think that's bad, don't look at the Zoe they have coming out :google ................... I'd give TheJosh's left testicle for sideshow to take this on, on second thought, I'd give both of TheJosh's testicles if Sideshow would snag this license. :lol

Here ya go... but I'm warning you it ain't pretty :monkey1

dst_zoestatue.jpg

Here ya go... but I'm warning you it ain't pretty :monkey1

dst_zoestatue.jpg

Come on, give them some credit .... those crates look amazing. They just might be the best sculpted crates ever. Plus, the gun, look at the detail on that gun. So, what if Zoe looks more like Voldermort in a wig? It's all about the crates man .... :rolleyes:

What was the company going for "race riot"??

:google

It is scary to think that when companies hire the best talent money can buy, they do it is just to keep the artists from doing good work.:lol

Come on, give them some credit .... those crates look amazing. They just might be the best sculpted crates ever. Plus, the gun, look at the detail on that gun. So, what if Zoe looks more like Voldermort in a wig? It's all about the crates man .... :rolleyes:

Thats true, the diorama portion of it is fantastic, especially how its soo eerily similar to Inara's crates, but then they wow you with an extra one :lol Who gives a heck if she looks like cavewoman.

Actually in thinking about it the good part of the River statue was the pile of bodies... I think there is a pattern developing :lol

Well, everything but the face sculpt is good. I don't really see Zoe in there at all.

Back