Seller eBay advice needed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Fok

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I listed a figure on eBay for sale. A guy buys it but doesn't pay. I send reminders but nothing. 4 days pass and I open an unpaid case. 4 days pass again and I'm able to close the case and eBay refunds my seller fees.

A few days later, the buyer claims that he paid and wants the item shipped. I tell him that there's no record on my eBay listing or Paypal that money was received. He is now going to appeal the case claiming that he paid.

So what happens next? Does eBay just blindly come after me? Or will they actually do their due diligence. Anyone else had this experience?

If PayPal or eBay have no proof the the winning bidder paid, sit back in your chair and laugh out loud.

If PayPal or eBay have no proof the the winning bidder paid, sit back in your chair and laugh out loud.

Lol that made me laugh. The buyer keeps insisting that he's paid. Frustrating why he would go to all this hassle to try and scam me. I'm glad eBay refunded my final value fees, that happened quite fast.

Why would they come after you if he didn't pay?

Nothing to worry about here.

I've heard that eBay always takes the side of the buyers. I've already re-listed the item. The stupid buyer keeps insisting it shows paid on his end.

I'm pissed because I've lost days where the item was off the market

Did you put the correct paypal account in your listing?
That's all I got :lol

whether it's the right account or not if you use the paypal link to payment and paid it will show a $ icon in your summary page.

btw what's the buyer's feedback?

remember to always check all your limits for buyers, especially the max number of item 1 buyer can purchase. too bad they don't allow you to limit 0 feedbacks but then it'll be hard for new users to make purchases.

another thing is if you suspect something unusual, do check the buyer's email address on the net.

whether it's the right account or not if you use the paypal link to payment and paid it will show a $ icon in your summary page.

Figured that but I don't trust Ebay to be 100% bug-free. Have you tried their latest mobile app? :wave

You should block that buyer immediately so he doesn't rebuy your item and put you through the same thing again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep I've blocked him. I get another email from him and he's saying that the item has been shipped and he thanks me. Wtf, I didn't even ship it. This guy is pissing me off.

Yep I've blocked him. I get another email from him and he's saying that the item has been shipped and he thanks me. Wtf, I didn't even ship it. This guy is pissing me off.

do you mean he emailed you telling you the item has been shipped?

possible he was trying to email his customer, like purchasing from you and taking money from another buyer and have you direct the item to that buyer without paying you.

do you mean he emailed you telling you the item has been shipped?

possible he was trying to email his customer, like purchasing from you and taking money from another buyer and have you direct the item to that buyer without paying you.

Yep that's correct. I didn't ship the item yet. I really don't know what his game is. If I get more emails from him I'll report him.

Yep that's correct. I didn't ship the item yet. I really don't know what his game is. If I get more emails from him I'll report him.

are you only recipent? my theory might be correct he's pressuring you to send the item to his designated address as he received payment from another buyer.

try looking up his recent ebay history, or search for sold items like yours recently.

Well he payed with imaginary money and he's now happy you shipped imaginary goods.

The best part will be when he emails you after its arrival.

Back