Secondary Market "Do's and Dont's"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If i want something then i must sell on other things that i have to get them, for example i wanted the joker pf ex and it sold out so when i found out hot toys is getting another joker 2.0 dx on the dark knight i sold all of the dx01 i bought and the money i got i put it on the joker pf ex. So not only did i make money on the dx01 but now i got an even better piece in the joker pf ex for the profit i got on the dx01. That is how i do it and that keeps me from spending my paycheck on these which goes to living necessities.

If i want something then i must sell on other things that i have to get them, for example i wanted the joker pf ex and it sold out so when i found out hot toys is getting another joker 2.0 dx on the dark knight i sold all of the dx01 i bought and the money i got i put it on the joker pf ex. So not only did i make money on the dx01 but now i got an even better piece in the joker pf ex for the profit i got on the dx01. That is how i do it and that keeps me from spending my paycheck on these which goes to living necessities.

Smart Man. That is how I do it.

:goodpost::exactly:

Yeah don't be a sucker and pay $2.500 for something that retailed for $300 couple years back.

If I miss something oh well,SideShow always make another similar statue down the road.

Yeah don't be a sucker and pay $2.500 for something that retailed for $300 couple years back.

If I miss something oh well,SideShow always make another similar statue down the road.

Well some people will still spend this much so there's nothing we can do about that, only thing is that hopefully they're rich, this is why again if you can buy the statue at retail fine if double the retail i say fine if the statue is really gonna be sought after and you know it will be worth like darth talon or doom pf later on, then spending 500-700 is fair now for it but if you wait, then you have to spend that much later on. Also for me again selling my old collection to spend on a better collection that i want that is a no brainer since it doesn't affect my paycheck.

It depends what kind of collector you are. I don't see a problem spending 3x retail years later. I would make sure it won't be re-issued like the Hot Toys stuff. But spending big bucks on SS Hulk PF Grey/Green I think works in the case of crazy prices items. Its all part of Collecting.

You just can't beat the quality on some of the statues made several years back. The Hulk, Thor, Cap and Doom PFs warrants the price. I doubt those will ever be surpass again especially with Doom & Hulk PFs. Do I like paying 2 to 5 times the original retail price.....Hell no! Do I think SSC will ever make another version of those.....yes! But do I think those will ever match the same paint App, weight & craftsmanship....no! These statues will always retain value and will always be sought after by collectors in all generations to come.

Whoever said sideshow will do that?

what he means is another pf but different pose of the same character, the original pose won't be made again with the same costume so ss will add a different costume and pose which will make the first one unique. But that won't happen for a long while in some characters because of so many that still needs to be made.

If you miss out on an EX and it's getting lot of praise you usually only have a one to four month window to get it still at a reasonable price. Once the early flipper market dries up you'll pay through the nose for it.

I predict the Vampirella PF is a good example of this. Past examples are Gambit, Ms Marvel, and Darth Talon.

Hey folks - I thought I would let you know that the episode of the Action Figure Blues Podcast that I originally asked this question for is now up.

You can search "Action Figure Blues" at iTunes to find it or direct download from https://afbpodcast.com/audio/AFB-Podcast-Episode-16.m4a

----

The AFB Podcast Episode 16 is now up at iTunes and ready for direct download!

https://www.actionfigureblues.com/2012/06/afb-podcast-episode-16-star-wars-big.html

Join Scott, Justin and Andy as we look at the Star Wars Big Millennium Falcon from Hasbro and discuss The Secondary Market: eBay and other eVils

Happy listening!

Back