SDCC Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maverick

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just wanted to know if all the reveals everyday and pre-orders are just what we will see at SDCC or will SS keep somethings back as a suprise? It just seems in previous years there were never this many products shown before the actual Comic Con, or maybe my memory is wrong:cuckoo:

Yeah they changed there SDCC stuff. So what we are preordering is what will be at SDCC. maybe will get a surprise here and there but not like other years.

Notice how they have the reveal dates go through the end of the month?? That means they'll be previewing some of them that span into SDCC I presume.

Yeah they changed there SDCC stuff. So what we are preordering is what will be at SDCC. maybe will get a surprise here and there but not like other years.

I think it's 'nice' that they are doing this, so everyone gets a fair shot, rather than letting those at SDCC get the early lead and everyone else fight for scraps.

But so far I havent been blow away or ordered anything yet.

I think it's 'nice' that they are doing this, so everyone gets a fair shot, rather than letting those at SDCC get the early lead and everyone else fight for scraps.

The counter to that though is its only a bit fair those paying to go get first shot. I doubt it was that much of an advantage on 99.99% of all pieces. Always cracks me up those going complain so heavily how unfair it was seeing as how it was never more than a day or two at most.

I thinks it stinks. I always like the preferential treatment we got as SDCC attendees. Not so much this year, with the awful Guardian predator attendee experience, and now reveals to the public, so it will be less exciting than seeing them for the first time at the SS booth at SDCC.

I thinks it stinks. I always like the preferential treatment we got as SDCC attendees. Not so much this year, with the awful Guardian predator attendee experience, and now reveals to the public, so it will be less exciting than seeing them for the first time at the SS booth at SDCC.

As a long time SDCC attendee I totally agree with you. It seems like less of an advantage to go to the show for Sideshow. Going to the show and not being able to get the exclusive and being able to preorder everything at home takes a lot of excitement out of wanting to visit the booth on preview night. I will visit the booth, but it won't the same.

Well for me I like it just because of the regular products being shown. Id say the known "con exclusives" maybe could wait for the con. But I recall about two years back when I happened to look at the large booth map that had about 35 areas and it had many products that were not listed else where on the site.

If I had not been looking I would have not found and ordered a Tomb Raider PF and have it now on my shelf.

Right now I am just waiting for the next AH statue to go up. I think there was a hint it is an Avenger (wanting the Wasp) other then that I have too much ordered as it is.

It's a darned if you do, and darned if you don't when it comes to Con exclusives. On the one side, doing reveals of Con exclusives early whets people's appetites, and makes them want to go. But for people already going to the Con, it does remove a bit of the excitement of even wanting to check out what's new at the booth. I guess for me it means not having to worry about missing out on anything.

Knowing or not knowing it won't stop me from making Sideshow my first stop at the Con.

If I recall correctly, SS always activated their podium preview feature early Wed in the past right? so theoretically we could see ahead of time what was one each and every podium? only difference then was that we had the option NOT to look at their con page before you went, which you can't do this year or you'll miss out on PPO's. I will admit that this years feels a bit less special because we will have already seen everything before hand.

Yeah, last year it was actually Tuesdayish when we saw the layout. Cause I remember looking at it before I left for SDCC.

I have faith in Sideshow though that they will have at least some surprises for us though :pray::pray::pray::pray:

I think thats a pretty safe bet. The Online event runs through the month. So there will almost have to be items at the show or items we'll be able to order that won't go up till the end of the month.

Back