SDCC Blackhole stormtrooper VCD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its because eveybody wants to see something new and not have to wait months even years before it is released.
But yea, I think the con exclusives this year are ok, unlike GG who just doesn't seem to give a ****.

I understand that. However, that's not what Con Ex are for. That's what ANNOUNCEMENTS at Cons are for. :D

I think this is a pretty decent exclusive.

The Shadow Stormtrooper is a great character and although he's been done before, he hasn't been done in VCD form before.

I don't understand the complaint that he's been done before, haven't most SW characters been remade several times over for different lines?

Anyway I doubt I'll be picking this up this year, but I still think it's pretty cool and I got the 501st exclusive from last year.

IMHO VCD's a VERY underrated by most collectors.

jlcmsu said:
I understand that. However, that's not what Con Ex are for. That's what ANNOUNCEMENTS at Cons are for. :D

Exactly, exclusives are usually just re-paints or SLIGHT re-sculpts of a regular release. And I don't wanna hear about how much the BHT had been done, most other Star Wars characters there's like a million variations. You know, 1 year ago we'd be dying for ANY EU stuff, now that it's flooding in, thanks to this guy leading the way, who can complain? OH WAIT! Star Wars fans, that's who can complain.

PosterBoyKelly said:
Exactly, exclusives are usually just re-paints or SLIGHT re-sculpts of a regular release. And I don't wanna hear about how much the BHT had been done, most other Star Wars characters there's like a million variations. You know, 1 year ago we'd be dying for ANY EU stuff, now that it's flooding in, thanks to this guy leading the way, who can complain? OH WAIT! Star Wars fans, that's who can complain.

I agree. You don't make your base mad by making items that people MUST get Con Ex. You just don't unless you're GG. :lol

Last years was pretty similar. Repaint of an existing VCD, repaint of a 12", new Dead, New Marvel Archives. Not toooo dif this year.

PosterBoyKelly said:
Last years was pretty similar. Repaint of an existing VCD, repaint of a 12", new Dead, New Marvel Archives. Not toooo dif this year.

Yup, pretty much the same thing. Which is what cracks me up when people get ticked sort of about the exclusives if they're "lame" as I've seen tossed around. Yet, they also get ticked when they're like GG has done this year. You gotta pick which way you want it and quite griping.

There are plenty of exclusives to SDCC that I will not get unless I'm helping someone out. I have no interest in the Marvel piece but I ordered it for a member and will do the same if someone needs the T-2 bust. Hasbro will have several items that I won't get but for me I'm thankful cause it helps me from over buying.

Honestly, I'd much rather have color variation after color variation for Con Exclusives than what GG has pulled this year. All 5 Commanders as Con Exclusives? That's lunacy. Give me a Plaid Stormie for next years Con Exclusive because if I don't like it at least I'm not missing something vital.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?p=3129

4364_press01-001.jpg

I pre-ordered mine also. I noticed that they're limited to 1000 pcs. Does anyone remember the edition size on last year's 501st trooper? There were quite a few left after SDCC.

jlcmsu said:

Congrats on 23,000 posts!!

:fireworks

I ordered mine as well.

But it looks like it's going to be even more of a challenge getting to SDCC than I originally expected...

I might have to hedge my bets and switch to the non-attendee order just in case.

Thanks!! Didn't even realize it.

I hope you can make it down even for just one day Tom. Would like to bs with ya some more.

Back