SDCC 2016 Photo Catch All

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do sideshow have their upcoming sixth scale Darth Maul on display?

e76dffe64bd5e2833c723d6dd5209378.jpg

Is there any updates up on the open armour?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What type of update are you looking for?

Am I the only one that thinks Force Awakens Luke looks terrible?

The more I see that Harley head sculpt, the more I love it. Just wishful thinking we could get a second head with a more toned down expression, like a small smirk would be great. AND eyes that don't stare to the side.

I agree. I love these sculpts with a lot of expression, but also love when they thrown in a slightly more muted sculpt. But if I had to choose one, I think I'd go more with the expressive sculpt.

We need more DX figures!

In case anyone didn't know, K.A. Is one of blitzway a new main sculptors and she has some many many of Hot toys sculpts in the past...here's some

image.jpeg

I think the new Luke is outstanding and,I might add,better looking than Hamill...[emoji1][emoji6]

I think TFA Luke looks great. What's the problem with it for those who think it's terrible?

I think the new Luke is outstanding and,I might add,better looking than Hamill...[emoji1][emoji6]

Yeah there's a few spots on it where they "cleaned" it up. Unless a person has unnaturally full facial hair it's something they always do. Where most men have uneven fill in beards and not perfect hair lines on their face that stuff gets cleaned up to be symmetrical. With production stuff you have to. Takes way to much time to paint otherwise. And usually the skin folds and wrinkles are softer. In scale sculpts it's often required, making them perfectly purportional makes them actually appear deeper or thicker so they need to be toned down. And also for paint app time.

The sculpt also looks like it's based off his intial merch shoot and reference shots for wardrobe. At the start of filming he was a little skinnier, but by the time they got around to actually shooting his scenes he gained some weight. Based on what I've been told.

I think TFA Luke looks great. What's the problem with it for those who think it's terrible?

I think most people have this mental picture of mark as Luke when he was younger, and they just have issue seeing him as he actually is now. They compare it to their own mental picture and expectations and it just doesn't match.

When your expecting young Luke, who looks exactly like current Sebastian Stan, seeing Mark now just doesn't click. The same thing will happen with leia and already did with Solo

I think the Solo sculpt is amazing. The way these headsculpts in general are coming out from HT (and Blitzway for that matter) make it easier to not be tempted by the 1/4 line. 1/4 Mk43 Tony hs really raised the bar imo and kind of put it in my head that 1/4 headsculpts were simply going to be better than 1/6. Don't feel that way anymore after seeing some of these 1/6 sculpts (Solo, Luke, Deadshot, and especially Harley and Joker with the expressive faces, and probably missing others as well).

Am I the only one that thinks Force Awakens Luke looks terrible?

That is my general impression. I don't see much of a resemblance and at this point I would rate it at the bottom of all the HT SW sculpts. I expect it will somehow look better the next time we see it... or the time after that.

Back