SDCC 2014 Exclusive - Super Freddy (NECA)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know when the SDCC Jason went live last year? Before during or after sdcc? I missed out and had to pay a horrible price for it lol. Do not want to miss out on Freddy!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I thought about Super Freddy before as a figure. Idk why it took so long to make, i mean all the freddy's after part two look the same (except for demon freddy and WCNN of course) why not make only the different looking freddy's first at least. I will buy this if its not a crazy price it looks cool. I also hate that neca is making their figures bigger and with weird leg articulation, so now the new toys you buy don't go well with the rest of the 7 inch collection, however Super Freddy is at least suppose to be bigger.

40f921d7-bac2-443c-9a82-19e4be0718a3.jpg

I am going to sell the figures that don't go well with my collection. I wish i didn't buy the retro Freddy. The sweater is the best thing about it other then that its goofy looking in a bad way(some figures can look goofy but are still cool). The original Neca Freddy on the left was/is scarier and just better. Retro Freddy looks more like Jeepers Creepers and the paint job is ****. It looks like black paint smeared all over the sculpt. I am not really liking the retro figures and especially that they started making 8 1/2 inch figures. Even the new 20th anniversary Freddy coming out is 8 1/2 inches, same with the new Jason from part 2 and the Ghostface coming out. Even the movie maniacs figures i own go very well with my 7 inch Necas because they are very close if not the same height. The new ones tower over the others. Its stupid IMO.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the MEGO style either. The fact that they tower over other figs doesn't exactly help.

Valid points. The newer height doesn't necessarily bother me because unlike most collectors here I tend to keep everything in their box... As far as figures go. I really enjoy the packaging of the MEGO style. :p

Valid points. The newer height doesn't necessarily bother me because unlike most collectors here I tend to keep everything in their box... As far as figures go. I really enjoy the packaging of the MEGO style. :p

Thats cool and i can see that working. It doesn't matter how tall they are when they are still in the packaging.

Gotta say, MEGO Freddy looks really goofy outside of the clamshell. He kinda looks like he put on a few extra pounds lol!

Corners were cut. The neck is glued on. They didn't make a neck peg for this figure so its fixed in one position. People were raving about leg articulation before it was released. (I didn't take it off my shelf in a while so i may be slightly off but if i remember correctly) the knees don't bend, only the feet and thighs are movable so other then keeping his legs and feet straight why would we need any type of leg articulation? It would just look plain weird. The original leg sculpt IMO looked perfectly fine, it felt like a Freddy Stance.

Ooooh there's more in stock now!

Also if anyone from SS needs one (if it sells out again), I'll sell my second for $55 shipped. I don't need it afterall.

Back