-Scorpion Driver-

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude no need to apologise. I know you were just trying to get to 2000 posts thats all! Congrats! haha

Nah but seriously I welcome constructive criticisms :)
I'll see if i have time to change it a bit more... if not it's all up to painter's magic.

Haha thanks! I feel like a wizened veteran now hahaha. And ya... I realized over the years, I'm extremely picky when it comes to headsculpts. I like it when a figure makes me instantly think it's a miniature version of the actor. Makes me smile hahaha.

Last edited:
Of all the awesome custom projects going on right now, this is the one I'm most eager to see in completion. The new jackets look great, as with the head sculpts.

Amazing work,
is it still available to per-order?
Only waiting list spots available now. If you want to be on it just PM me and i'll give you details. Thanks

Haha thanks! I feel like a wizened veteran now hahaha. And ya... I realized over the years, I'm extremely picky when it comes to headsculpts. I like it when a figure makes me instantly think it's a miniature version of the actor. Makes me smile hahaha.

Not only HT and Enterbay kept pumping out quality figures, in the customs scene we have much more quality custom made figures now.. so it's very normal to be picky. I too am very picky with my own work. felt like I'm there but not quite there yet. haha
btw i went ahead and started tweaking the chin and jaw a bit more.

Of all the awesome custom projects going on right now, this is the one I'm most eager to see in completion. The new jackets look great, as with the head sculpts.

Thanks man! :hi5:
This is probably the longeeeeeeeeest running project for me...

Wanted to chime in and say I'm with the guys that think the likeness could be just a bit better. Unpainted and from afar looks great so with a few more tweaks I think this has the potential to be extraordinary. Awesome to see Xeno's commitment to this. Glad I snuck onto a list! Really regretting not getting the full figure...

Wanted to chime in and say I'm with the guys that think the likeness could be just a bit better. Unpainted and from afar looks great so with a few more tweaks I think this has the potential to be extraordinary. Awesome to see Xeno's commitment to this. Glad I snuck onto a list! Really regretting not getting the full figure...

The sculpt should be skinnier and longer. Still, there's no deny that heart and soul were poured into this project.

No disrespect to you Jack as you know I love you long time, but I spied this DID sculpt for their generic LAPD Swat figure. Maybe it can help a bit. I think the Gosling likeness is pretty strong.

1304291706726ddc2297318ae8_zpsee790e8d.jpg

Last edited:
No disrespect to you Jack as you know I love you long time, but I spied this DID sculpt for their generic LAPD Swat figure. Maybe it can help a bit. I think the Gosling likeness is pretty strong.

1304291706726ddc2297318ae8_zpsee790e8d.jpg

Well... you know how people all recognize different features on a face more distinctly than others?

Some people notice the position of the eyes, the curve of the eyebrows, the structure of the cheekbones, slant of the jaw, hairline, etc.

For me... the number 1 characteristic is the nose. The one Magnus posted has a nose that is very close to Ryan Gosling's. Seriously... take a look!

drive-stills-01.jpg

I know Xenoviper is graciously going back and tweaking the sculpt around the jawline, but I think a narrowing of the nose would also make it better.

Forgot to ask, any idea if the current truetypes are similar to the 19? I have some extra 21 truetypes, but I don't have a 19 to compare.

Wow! That DID sculpt is really something! I think the dark 5 o'clock shadow is throwing it off. Make that a much lighter colour and I think that would be amazing!

Overlay xeno's front on onto this pic
ryan-gosling1-1320136004-custom-0.jpg

Really close, three things that I identified
Right side of mouth is lower than left
Right eye brow needs to curve more and be higher
Face could be pinched narrower, but only a little.

The DiD sculpt looks to use the same reference and you can see these things addressed.

All in all, Xeno is really close on this one, amazing job - from one Driver basher to another.

Currently trying to remove that Jay LenoNESS out of my sculpt :D
Update soon

Laney74 yes you are right Ive used that pic as reference quite a fair bit.

Currently trying to remove that Jay LenoNESS out of my sculpt :D
Update soon

Laney74 yes you are right Ive used that pic as reference quite a fair bit.

Man I was looking at the current sculpt on page 125 and stills from Drive seeing if I could contribute in anyway haha but man Xeno the likeness is amazing! Like really spot on and if there was anything id say maybe... maybe... slightly thinner checks and a slightly sharper jaw but we are talking very very slightly haha like incredibly slight haha, awesome job man keep up the good work can't wait to see it finished!:clap

An as for that reference pic by Laney74, I don't know I think and its just my opinion but if you are making a Ryan Gosling sculpt from Drive the reference photo should be of him during the shoot in which he actually looked like the Driver haha. Like the still of him leaning in the car window at the top of the page, your sculpt is amazingly spot on when compared to that still... from the movie haha just my 2cents, sorry for the rant haha.

Back