Scenes that make you cry

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saving Private Ryan --- tell me I'm a good person

Forrest Gump

ROTK --- you bow to no one

Braveheart

Wizard of Oz

Recently, UP had me too; man, I'm a wuss .... :monkey2

I was just wanting to know what scenes in what movies make you guys blubber like babies? For me it would easily be the scene in FOTR where Gandalf dies and also in ROTK at the end when the ship sets sail.

Please discuss......
pretty much.

also the EE scene where Eomer finds Eowyn on the field of battle + the houses of healing.

I have to say, I was moved by the beginning of Up, and Rocky Balboa, and a few others, but I never felt an emotional connection to the Lord of the Rings movies at all. I enjoyed them quite a bit, but never felt sympathy toward the characters to the extent that my eyes welled up when they "died." They just never felt real to me. Funny that the characters in Up felt more realistic to me in the first 10 minutes (of a cartoon) than any LOTR character did after 9+ hours. The one who probably came closest was Samwise Gamgee, but he "lived" as I recall, so I can't say how his death might have affected me.

Rocky 2 - "Yo Adrian, I did it!"

Rocky Balboa - When he breaks down crying talking to Paulie and when he waves his last farewell after the fight

Revenge of the Sith- when Obi-Wan's talking to Anakin before he burns on the side of the lava river

Fellowship of the Ring - When Frodo saves Sam from drowning

Return of the King - When the hobbits go to bow to the king and he tells them they bow to no one and the entire land bows to the 4 of them

Batman Begins - When Rachel tells Bruce as long as he's Batman they can't be together

Wrath of Khan - Spock's death

Water...I cried a river!...and TITANIC!!!...that lady with the two children in their cabin while the water rushing in!?
onion_msn_smilies-02.gif
cebollita_animated_onion-02.gif

I was just wanting to know what scenes in what movies make you guys blubber like babies? For me it would easily be the scene in FOTR where Gandalf dies and also in ROTK at the end when the ship sets sail.

Please discuss......

The part where Frodo and Bilbo sail off I can't watch. No matter how many times I watch this, I still cry. Not too many movies can get to me like that.

I used to have a fan made vid from youtube I had saved that was just beautiful and used to get to me like that. Of course that person used songs from WMG and got suspended, something that is happening alot these days. Guess they don't want free advertising. Anyway, I have this one too, though not as good, it's still touching.

file://<EMBED height=505 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=https://www.youtube.com/v/QKOdY0TgSpg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6 allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED></EMBED>

In all seriousness, any incarnation of King Kong dying. All versions can make me tear up. I think Jackson's was the worst, when the planes were shooting him in the back, it looked soooo painful. I wanted Kong to kill everyone except Anne and escape back to Skull Island. I hate humanity more every time I see a King Kong movie.

There's only a few movies that actually move me. Here are some that do get to me though.

1. Major League: At the end when Taylor bunts. I cry EVERY TIME.

2. Forrest Gump: When Forrest is talking to Jenny's grave. This line gets me every time: "And he's so smart Jenny" the hair on my arms is standing straight up just thinking about that scene.

3. The Patriot: When the line begins to falter and Benjamin picks up the American flag and starts running straight at the redcoats.

4. Saving Private Ryan: I tear up a little at many moments during that movie and I blame John Williams score for it.

5. Here's a wildcard entry. I love baseball and the end of a league of their own gets to me a little. I blame Tom Hanks for that one. lol

The only times I cried at a movies was when I was little were
Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back- when Han Solo is frozen in carbonite :emperor
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - Indy Go's Bad
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - Indy dies??!!:gun(even thou I knew he didn't...but it did say last Crusade LOL)

I welled up when Roslin died next to Adama as they flew in the Raptor . . watching their relationship develop and having that terminal illness hang over them throughout the series to finally have her go and watch olmos's reaction was . .

emotional for me

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/fwQVmqGKyJc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Last edited:
Back