Scenes that make you cry

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Iron Giant

When the robot was flying towards the missile to sacrifice himself to save the city, he closed his eyes and there were flashbacks to all the times he spent with Hogarth. Gets me every time.

The ones that come to mind have all been mentioned, but for me the intro to UP, Ending of Big Fish and Ending of Iron Giant get me.

I know there are some others, but its surprising sometimes how emoitionally impactful films can be. And while not a movie, there was this show I watched with my wife on Discovery called "The Boy Who's Skin Fell Off" about a young man with this terrible skin condition and the ending of it was so sad that both me and my wife were bawling :lol

The Perfect Storm, I didn't cry, but I got a severe lump in my throat fighting the tears.

I used to cry at the ending of T2 but I was a kid when that came out so cut me some slack.:lol It's hard to thing of things that make me cry, there are some but I can't think of them all.

I cried just reading you guys' responses...geeze.

Here are my biggest tear-jerkers, although I've become immune to most of them now:

Moulin Rouge - The death of Satine and Christian's subsequent emotional breakdown.
Revenge of the Sith - Order 66, and the last 20 minutes of the film. So much emotion in those scenes.
Up - The opening scene where the man and his wife grow old together, then she dies.
Titanic - Some of the sinking scenes are hauntingly beautiful, but the very last scene where Rose goes back to Titanic and sees all those who died, like her maid, the band, and Jack waiting for her at the clock always gets me.
The Family Stone - Many scenes in this movie get me going, particularly when it is revealed that the mom is sick.
Milk - The scene after Milk's assassination where his ex-boyfriend Scott and friend Anne come across thousands of mourners in a candlelight vigil. It's the hardest I think I've ever cried in a movie theatre. I made quite a scene.
A Walk To Remember - When Landon asks Jamie to marry him, despite the fact that she's dying of cancer. And then the rest of the movie.
Half-Blood Prince - Dumbledore's mourning/wand raising scene. The score there was magnificent.

I'm sure I'm missing some, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

When Gandalf the Grey dies, the end of The Notebook and the one that kills me, when King Kong is being shot at while he's on top of the Empire State Building (in the Peter Jackson version). I can be sappy and little things can make my eyes water a bit...but those 3 films had me crying like no tomorrow.

At the end of Million Dollar Baby
Spoiler Spoiler:
ugh! that was sad.:monkey2

At the end of Million Dollar Baby
Spoiler Spoiler:
ugh! that was sad.:monkey2

Good one, I got a bit teary then too... not as bad as some others. Although the friend I saw it was lost her mind for a bit she was so upset :lol

I did get a bit choked up at the beginning of the new Star Trek as well.

I find this thread really interesting but could some ppl have been maybe a bit more cryptic when describing the scenes that made them cry??!!

Those who have seen the movies you mention will know what you mean!!

There are some movies mentioned here that I would have wanted to watch but the poster who gives details on Iron Giant, for example, thanks a lot! :banghead

Beren

P.S. Or use the spoiler function.

Back