Scarface international life-size bust ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh boo hoo, "the exclusivity of my item isn't so much now".
Give me a break...

As well as SSC are committed to provide a 'collectable' element to their pieces, they are also a business and if there is an opportunity to provide scarface fans another chance to purchase and make money at the same time, then SSC are well within their rights to do so.

In the meantime, you can cry over spilled milk that the ES has doubled to, wait for it, 120.

Whoah, that exclusivity sure has gone... :rotfl

revilal said:
In the meantime, you can cry over spilled milk that the ES has doubled to, wait for it, 120.

Oh yes, the age old question of just what is the perfect edition size, not likely to be answered anytime soon is it?!

revilal said:
Give me a break...

As well as SSC are committed to provide a 'collectable' element to their pieces, they are also a business and if there is an opportunity to provide scarface fans another chance to purchase and make money at the same time, then SSC are well within their rights to do so.

You still don't get it, after all these posts...:lol

Is is NOT their right to offer an Exclusive 1 of 60 Bust and reproduce it after it sells out. We bought it based on that info for whatever reason. Not everyone is a flipper as you assume. Sideshow broke their promise and started a practice which is unethical.

I guess if you purchased a ONE of ONE item and were told no more would be made then found out they made another just like it the value to you would be the same? Well, that isn't how Collecting and Collectibility works...

And what's to say they won't pull this kind of crap again now that they set precedent with this sneaky move. THAT IS THE POINT. How can you trust this Company anymore to honor what they offer. "Only 60 Pieces Worldwide"... what's next? A US Exclusive of the European Exclusive?

The point is they breached their promise to collectors whether they made one or one thousand and that is what some of us are trying to convey. What if some of us like the other paint scheme better? That shouldn't even be an issue should it? But it now may be.

It is no longer one of ONLY 60 Busts made and there is now a doubling of Edition Size. Anyone who doesn't get that very simple principle doesn't understand what Exclusivity and Collectibility means... :D

I purchased this piece based on that Info. Did you?

Last edited:
Hold on just a second.

When SSC announced a ES of 60, did they say that it was an ES for all scarface busts they'll ever do. Or was it for that particular type.

In fact, do we really buy a piece based on ES. its a factor sure, but its not the underlying reason is it. Its essentally whether you like it or not.

I can understand complaining if they change the sculpt but all this complaining over an ES of 60.
:)

They are selling MORE of the SAME Bust after hyping and stating there would only be 60 Made.

That's worse...

Last edited:
pjam said:
It is no longer one of ONLY 60 Busts made and there is now a doubling of Edition Size. Anyone who doesn't get that very simple principle doesn't understand what Exclusivity and Collectibility means... :D

Or flipper-ability. :lol No offense towards pjam.

Seriously this is going to make all the professional SS flippers, most are members on this board, very angry cause now the ebay prices won't be as high.

This bust was priced at a premium ($400) because of its Exclusivity. Now SSC doubles the ES by making more of the same bust. Point is it's unethical whether it's an investment or whatever. It's just a dishonest practice and what we can now expect from SSC.

SolidLiquidFox said:
Sideshow is threading on a very grey area. These collectibles are accessible almost worldwide. "There are only 60 of these IN THE WORLD". To create an international version of anything as a "quiet/undercover" release just seems dishonest especially when not disclosed upfront.

Last edited:
this is the same crap that sent Master Replicas downhill. dissapointing to say the least.

nash said:
this is the same crap that sent Master Replicas downhill. dissapointing to say the least.

I was just going to post the same thing.

So true. They got carried away with alternate versions and eventually killed collector interest. :emperor

revilal said:
Give me a break...

So you wouldn't have a problem if they suddenly produced an "International version" of... oh, I don't know... let's say the X-Men VS Sentinel #1 Exclusive version, Grey Hulk VS Spider-Man diorama or Balrog statue?

lcummins said:
So you wouldn't have a problem if they suddenly produced an "International version" of... oh, I don't know... let's say the X-Men VS Sentinel #1 Exclusive version, Grey Hulk VS Spider-Man diorama or Balrog statue?

My understanding is, if he doesn't have these items he will not have any problem.
He doesn't have any problem with scarface because he did not order (or can't order at that time) it.

Last edited:
I think we pretty much covered all angles of why International Versions are a bad thing to do. The one that stands out the most to me is the sneakiness of the whole thing and how we find out about them. It just adds to the feeling of deception and trying to quietly pull one over us.

SS does eventually come here and authenticates the existence of these international releases we bump into but that's besides the point. I expect better from SS as far as being upfront with fans. Right now it seems like we are not supposed to know that there are 250 extra Spideys out there and that there will be more Scarfaces floating around besides the advertised ES of 60... :rolleyes:

You know, if SSC had announced that the original ES was 300, it would still be very exclusive. In fact, a run of just 60 makes me wonder if they made any money at all !

But i have to agree, it was pretty sneaky and should have been announced via popular medium like their website homepage.

Nevertheless, all those scarface fans out there who missed out, here's your chance.

It sucks big time but have you ever heard the expression....

All's fair in love and business?

Sideshow does what they do in this order of importance:

1-Sideshow
2-Everyone Else

Although Sideshow has been very impressive with customer service below none in the business, they have to make money. I do agree that if they create an ES of 60, they shouldn't produce another like product but....are anyone of us surprised? We shouldn't be. I can and will expect everything and anything after Boba Plastic.

if true this is bad. Master Replicas pulls the same crap and I would never by anything from MR again. From plastic Fett to this.

Comming soon Sideshow Classics Line, a re-release of Sideshow's most popular statues. Original Balrog, Grey Hulk, PF Doom, and many more!

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of our Scarface – Tony Montana – Life-Size Bust (item #2931) from our Scarface Collectibles. We appreciate your patience in waiting for the arrival of this Limited Edition, Sold Out item, and would like to inform you that this item will be arriving in our Los Angeles warehouse within approximately the next 20 days.

Bonehead15 said:
Or flipper-ability. :lol No offense towards pjam.

Seriously this is going to make all the professional SS flippers, most are members on this board, very angry cause now the ebay prices won't be as high.

This piece wouldn't sell for a good profit regardless of the ES. I'd be surprised to see many that sell to even make their money back on this one.

Back