Scam or not?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A2G

Freaked Out
Reaction score
--Private message content removed--

Last edited by a moderator:
You cannot post private message information publicly like this. Please find an alternative way of explaining what is going on here. Having said that, from what I understand I can see no scam. Just sounds like someone trying to charge more than something is worth. You can take it or leave it. How is that a scam?

Apparently I am not allowed to post about being scammed in private messages. Please delete this thread.

You cannot post private message information publicly like this. Please find an alternative way of explaining what is going on here. Having said that, from what I understand I can see no scam. Just sounds like someone trying to charge more than something is worth. You can take it or leave it. How is that a scam?

Because he says that the item Sold for $450-500 on Ebay, and I checked and last sold ones are between $350-260. I was not allowed to post the second screenshot. When one lies to gain more money, that is a scam.

You can convey whatever it is that you are trying to, but you cannot post explicit private message content in the process. That's a forum policy.

You can convey whatever it is that you are trying to, but you cannot post explicit private message content in the process. That's a forum policy.

I understood the first time and that was my mistake. Just wanted to warn others that he kept giving false information to me until I checked myself.

Buyer beware. I consider a scam someone, say, taking money and not delivering on a product. Lots of guys here mislead in different ways. Onus is on the buyer to make sure things like this aren't true.

Because he says that the item Sold for $450-500 on Ebay, and I checked and last sold ones are between $350-260. I was not allowed to post the second screenshot. When one lies to gain more money, that is a scam.

That doesn't sound like a scam to me. It sounds far more likely that the person was wrong, or the price has dropped since they last checked. In any case, always check all of your options when determining the best way to buy.

That doesn't sound like a scam to me. It sounds far more likely that the person was wrong, or the price has dropped since they last checked. In any case, always check all of your options when determining the best way to buy.

I am pretty sure I would know if he was lying or wrong. He said he checked last few days. So I checked for the last few days and he gave me false information. It is all in the PMs. He kept insisting, and for someone who doesn't have an eBay account, they can be fooled.

Buyer beware. I consider a scam someone, say, taking money and not delivering on a product. Lots of guys here mislead in different ways. Onus is on the buyer to make sure things like this aren't true.

A definition of scam: a fraudulent business scheme

Doesn't necessarily have to be a completed transaction. You might see it that way, but scam has a broad definition.

Seems like you guys like defending people without knowledge of the situation. The PMs are still in my inbox and the Mods could check for proof.

Mods please delete this thread as it serves no purpose at the moment.

Please do send a PM to a mod of the commerce section. If someone there thinks this issue warrants further discussion, then they may re-open this thread, but I will close it for the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back