Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the Apes for the first time when I was 8. I've been hooked ever since. It's been...ahem... a long standing love affair.

Except for my last born son, (who will be four). He really really loves Planet of the Apes...I am so proud of him!!! :D

My son too (who is 8) is TOTALLY in love with the Apes. He owns 5 Sideshow Ape dolls. But I think it's going to be different with him though. He is sort of enjoying it through my eyes. I know when he plays with his friends he tries to engage them in "ape play" but none of his friends know what he is talking about. But when I was his age, all of my friends knew what "ape play" meant. :D

Last edited:
Oh yes...forgot that even if my son loves the apes, only he will among his age group know what the heck he is talking about.

Ironically, when my son became an "ape" fan, he also became a "mutant" among his friends. :rolleyes:

Hasslein, how did the outdoor showing go on Saturday evening? Was the weather pleasant? Were there any human savages in the audience that you wanted to pummel to a pulp for making fun of any parts of the movie? And how did the picture quality look? Was it crowded?

Hasslein, how did the outdoor showing go on Saturday evening? Was the weather pleasant? Were there any human savages in the audience that you wanted to pummel to a pulp for making fun of any parts of the movie? And how did the picture quality look? Was it crowded?

It was great. It was video projection, but a decent size screen for video, and a few homeless people added a smell that was offensive (not really I just wanted to say that, but quite a few homeless people did attend). The weather was great, I posted this on the yahoo page, they had giant throw pillows on a carpet in the front, and chairs to sit in in the back. There were some rowdy guys eating at the chipotle on the side, but overall it was really cool. Free ice cream & smartwater from company reps. Everyone seemed to have a good time. The only thing I found strange, some people sat & waited for over an hour for it to start, then left 20 minutes into it...

And I'm 45. :D

I think that you'll find most people who are "ape over Apes" will most likely be in their forties.

Its really interesting how it can be pinpointed within 3-5 years the age of the true apes fans. Star Wars came in, and now the apes are all but extinct.

It was great. It was video projection, but a decent size screen for video, and a few homeless people added a smell that was offensive (not really I just wanted to say that, but quite a few homeless people did attend). The weather was great, I posted this on the yahoo page, they had giant throw pillows on a carpet in the front, and chairs to sit in in the back. There were some rowdy guys eating at the chipotle on the side, but overall it was really cool. Free ice cream & smartwater from company reps. Everyone seemed to have a good time. The only thing I found strange, some people sat & waited for over an hour for it to start, then left 20 minutes into it...

I saw that, but wasn't sure if you were the same Hasslein. :D

hey angel wassup .. im trying to load pix i cant find the thingamajig . lol

If you have a Photobucket account, upload there. If you don't have one already, sign up for a free one.

This is how you paste photos with photobucket:

When you are looking at your photograph in your photobucket account, you will see four items underneath or to the right of your photograph--they look like links (E-mail and IM, Direct Links, HTML code and IMG). Look for the one that says IMG. Click on the IMG link (this will copy the link)...and this is what you paste onto your message, so that the reader doesn't have to go through the link. Your picture will be part of your message.

Hope that helps. Jess.

Angel,

I just got your little surprise package in the mail! THANKYOU!! That was such a super nice surprise. I shall treasure it forever. He looks SO cute and I love his blush. I guess I'm left with buying more ape bodies which is not necessarily a bad thing :naughty

My Exclusive Zaius (BIN @ $50) and I think my two gorillas were also delivered today (from the land of Oz) , so it was all about ape goodness today--just couldn't deal with it because it was crazy at the office and I had to do some OT. The packages await me. Two reasons to crawl back into the salt mines tomorrow, I guess...:angelsmil

I just read another 20 pages or so of this thread.
Can somebody post a link to the 21st century carded headsculpt that looked like Mendez?
I might have one or 10 in my basement, if I know what I'm looking for, LOL.
I see Ada is selling Brent and Burke.
Has anybody bought Brent, or Burke, painted, from her?
Any pics of the painted version?

Back