Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RCA SelectaVision!! Yes, I had that. I think I lost all my discs when I moved. Have the TV viewnaster set somewhere too. POTA trashcan, Galen bank, Addar kits, but.....
we need more 1:6 POTA!!!!!!

Jess - Here are some pictures of the UPDATED NARROWER pedestal. What do you think? I like it MUCH better. Compare the before and after pictures to the real pedestal.

Picture 1 shows the pedestal being replicated
Picture 2 shows the WIDE pedestal (Yuck - it's bottom heavy!)
Picture 3 shows the pedestal cut open with about 1/4" removed
Picture 4 & 5 shows the NEW NARROW pedestal

Last edited:
Angel, Bravo! That looks spectacular after the slimming down!!

Have to go to work for a couple of hours today...Grrr....

Started painting my Medicom Cornelius super late last night. So excited to paint that I forgot to scrub down first with soap and water...and there were oils/films that the paint wouldn't stick to. But the good news is I did find my clear plastic primer that I bought at an auto parts store, so at least the head has real primer. Only the black on the hair and only the dark brown for the skin tones are on at the moment.

Got to hustle something to eat before I go to work, and perhaps this afternoon I will finish him up when I get home. At least it's not a scorcher today.

Hi everyone. Well. I guess I had better catch up with these listings. I wanted to know if Ada is as good as a painter as her sculpting is? Her sculpts are great, but is it worth paying the extra $10.00 for the painted versions. I say yes if the paint jobs are accurate. Any opinions?

Jess, Angel, IM, Snickertown, Msotis,Proto, how is everything going?:monkey1

I would really like for the sculpts to be as accurate as posible. Who can direct me to the best painters out there. I think that Angel does a great job on gorillas and other Apes, but how about someone that does humans well. The painter I used to use, once charged me $15.00 and then $20.00 per head. Now two years later, he is demanding $35.00 a head. That is totally ridiculous! It is enough to get out of this collecting when someone wants to Gouge you.:monkey4

Kfog, I have seen one painter charge $75 per head, and they were from Hong Kong. I think that's way to pricey.

How is your mom and how are you doing?

Who has purchased their Burke head yet? I wasn't sure if I should purchase painted vs. unpainted, or purchase both, get an extra sculpt and then get one for free...

I do agree that you should get what you pay for. The better the job, the more money. The problem that I had was that I did have a quality painter painting sculpts for me and now charges $35.00 instead of $20.00 just twy years ago. Now, is what your saying is that I may have been paying too low and getting more for what I paid for? I guess that is possible. I do believe in paying a person for their time and talent. I think that it is time for me to start painting. Oh, and by the way Jess. Thanks for asking about my Mom. The tests taken beyond the rectal area have come out clear and the Doctors have to do radiarion on the area that is about the size of the tip of a pinkey finger to the first nuckle. We hope that radiation with take care of it after three times, but everyone knows that cancer is unpredictible and has a chance of coming back even after it may be diagnosed has gone.:mad:

Depending on the person’s skill at painting, they can demand a higher price KFog. I’m not convineced you’re being “gouged” as you put it. I was willing to have my Armando head painted for $50 by the person who painted this head of Paxton (see below), but I lost all that info. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Look at the picture below! It’s beautiful and almost breathes!

If you want to go least expensive KFog, have Ada do it. If you want realism, you'll probably pay closer to $45 or more. What do you expect in the paint job for your sculpt? That’s the real question.

In general, the more you spend the better it should look. For me, painting flesh tone characters aren’t worth painting for any less than $35. Why? Everyone has a good idea as to what real human skin should look like, and they tend to be more critical of the painted work. I don’t know about the people with many years of painting experience, but its takes me MANY hours to paint skin. I don’t think you’re being gouged if the paint job looks good, but hey, that’s just my opinion. I may be wrong here. You said that you wanted your sculpts painted as "accurate as possible", but yet you're not willing to pay $30??? :confused: (Isn't that like saying you want a steak and lobster dinner, but you only have $5?)

I'm thinking that it's really about time for you to pick up that paint brush and start learning since you’re not willing to spend the $30 for a good paint job. (You always said you wanted to learn how to paint.) C'mon now’s the time, try it. It’s just paint KFog, you can always redo it over. Jess and I are doing, and then re-doing, an awful lot of our own paint jobs. Making them look lifelike (or near life) is a real process, and also a very lengthy process when using the flesh tones.

I think that if I was finally put on permaneant on my job, which means more money paid to me, then I would not have a problem with it. Especially if they looked like the Paxton sculpt (Pretty nice). I don't see how I could ever accomplish that.:monkey5

Kfog, I have seen one painter charge $75 per head, and they were from Hong Kong. I think that's way to pricey.

How is your mom and how are you doing?

My Mom is hanging in there. Here is a picture from yesterday. I turn 46 Tuesday!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hey, 800th post for me!:banana I agree with Ironman! Skin tone accuracy is very important. Thanks Ironman.:duff

Back