Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With a huge blizzard on the way I decided to paint a few squad members, I figured it would give me something to do over the next couple of days.

BLACK or Blue?

IMG_4538.jpg

IMG_4526.jpg

IMG_4525_1.jpg

IMG_4556.jpg

IMG_4552.jpg

IMG_4561.jpg

IMG_4542.jpg

IMG_4543.jpg

IMG_4544.jpg

IMG_4546.jpg

Thanks Ryan, I'm going to give them a couple of coats. Hopefully I'll be able to clean them up a bit, looks like I missed a lot of spots. It's nice having variety. I hope to one day try and do cartoon color versions. I wonder how the soldiers would look decked out in green.

Thanks Ryan, I'm going to give them a couple of coats. Hopefully I'll be able to clean them up a bit, looks like I missed a lot of spots. It's nice having variety. I hope to one day try and do cartoon color versions. I wonder how the soldiers would look decked out in green.

That would be sick. I wish I got more of the gorilla two packs I only bought two.

Would anyone here (from Europe) be interested in trading a new Hot Toys Gorilla Captain for a like new complete Gorilla Soldier?

04f66195a92359b81e6867b77a4942dd.jpg

Does anyone know the edition size of the Hot Toys Gorillas? I don't remember 'Limited edition' written on any of their other boxes.

Slikerias, I don't beleive the edition sizes were ever revealed. Here is the only info I can gather for you:

PRODUCT SUMMARY

Sideshow Collectibles is proud to bring you the Planet of the Apes 12-inch figures, the very latest from the Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece series! Each figure features Hot Toys' fully articulated 12-inch figure body and a generous number of accessories. These are some of the finest 12-inch figures ever created, featuring incredible likenesses and amazingly detailed costumes.

PRODUCT DETAILS

License
Planet of the Apes
Scale
Sixth Scale Figure
Manufacturer
Hot Toys
Product Size
12" H (304.8mm)*
Product Weight
4.00 lbs (1.81 kg)*
Est. Shipping Weight
4.00 lbs (1.81 kg)*
Dimensional Weight
TBD
Int'l Dim. Weight
TBD
Size and weight are approximate values. Learn more »
Product Sku
Planet of the Apes TM & © 2009 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

WHAT'S IN THE BOX?

The Gorilla Captain Sixth Scale Figure features:

Hot Toys 1/6 scale figure body with over 32 points of articulation
Highly detailed clothing including leather-like vest, wrist gauntlets and boots
Realistic ape hair
Rifle with removable magazine
Pistol with holster
Bandolier with ammo pouches
Backpack
Man Catcher
Flag
Interchangeable hands
12-inch figure stand with 'Planet of the Apes' logo.

The only real difference between Captain and soldier is the bandolier belt and weapons. If you are unable to sell/exchange the Captain you can always paint over the two thin vertical lines and turn him into a Lieutenant.

The only real difference between Captain and soldier is the bandolier belt and weapons. If you are unable to sell/exchange the Captain you can always paint over the two thin vertical lines and turn him into a Lieutenant.

Thanks! And true, it's only the bandoleer, the key and the club I don't have. I have a few incomplete soldiers and now two complete mint captains. It's basically because of those three items I would like to trade for the soldier.
3ee5553408fd81741e4abc1e07e22bad.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately I don't. Is there any way you can make a mould for the key and club? I'm not sure but I think Jessica made extra bandoliers, maybe PM her. If you can't contact her let me know i will get her the message.

Unfortunately I don't. Is there any way you can make a mould for the key and club? I'm not sure but I think Jessica made extra bandoliers, maybe PM her. If you can't contact her let me know i will get her the message.

I'm sorry, but I don't know Jessica. Does she make them just like the Hot Toys bandoleers? I guess it would be possible to make casts of the key and club if you have them already. Don't know if anyone did that.
Thanks for the info!

Just noticed that only the Gorilla Captain box has the 'Limited edition' written on the box. Probably means that the captain is made in fewer numbers than Ursus and soldier. Makes sense.
24a91b584df2689f3c1f6b3602296bda.jpg

Anytime Slikk, I dropped Jessica a line, hopefully she might be able to stop by and help or give some pointers.

Anytime Slikk, I dropped Jessica a line, hopefully she might be able to stop by and help or give some pointers.

Awesome! I just found out that Jessica must be the one who did this Doctor Galen sculpt. It's fantastic and I really really need it! I'm doing a Dic Galen custom and this head would be fantastic. Don't know if she has made more than one though...?
But she's in this forum too?
ff5868469d754765e12b3e52d79b0c78.jpg

Hey guys! Been busy. Can't believe it has been years since I logged on. What is everyone working on? I have a lot of unfinished stuff because I just get sidetracked. What I need is inspiration and this thread used to do that for me. But life got in the way. Doesn't mean I have lost the desire tho. Let's work on ape stuff! I might try to grow the Neca Zaius into 1:6. I think we really need a good Zaius. And I have encountered a great way to press leather for hieroglyphs! I have slowly been trying to improve my skills and I just invested in a new sewing machine. But that doesn't mean I love to sew. Hate that ish.

Hey guys! Been busy. Can't believe it has been years since I logged on. What is everyone working on? I have a lot of unfinished stuff because I just get sidetracked. What I need is inspiration and this thread used to do that for me. But life got in the way. Doesn't mean I have lost the desire tho. Let's work on ape stuff! I might try to grow the Neca Zaius into 1:6. I think we really need a good Zaius. And I have encountered a great way to press leather for hieroglyphs! I have slowly been trying to improve my skills and I just invested in a new sewing machine. But that doesn't mean I love to sew. Hate that ish.

Yay!! Welcome back! :)

Back