Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Angel, this is if I send out the head to be cast by somebody else. They said it might shatter when they take it out of the mold, and definitely the paint might get messed up and they couldn't promise me anything but a good solid cast in the end. They are probably thinking that I made the additional sculpt with Sculpey and not Apoxie.

I actually bought some material for mold making/casting, and it's enroute at the moment. Maybe it might be here by this weekend and I could try to be brave and cast her head myself. I'll see. Have you had your hair additions shatter at removal when you popped it out of the mold?

Jess.

I think the people who told you that really gave you some unreliable information. I can tell you if you were to buy the kit mentioned below, you would not have any problems. The apoxie will not shatter, Zira’s head will not shatter and the paint job will not get messed up. The rubber mold will be made of flexible silicine rubber and removing the head is actually pretty easy.

Part # 82698 $79.95 Complete Resin Starter Kit

https://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares.asp?MerchantID=RET01229&Action=Catalog&Type=Product&ID=82698

I've never had anything shatter while removing items from the mold. I can't understand them telling you this. As long as you're not in a hurry, I'll take some pix the next time I create a head mold and casting. It'll give you some confidence. :)

Last edited:
I think the people who told you that really gave you some unreliable information. I can tell you if you were to buy the kit mentioned below, you would not have any problems. The apoxie will not shatter, Zira’s head will not shatter and the paint job will not get messed up. The rubber mold will be made of flexible silicine rubber and removing the head is actually pretty easy.

Part # 82698 $79.95 Complete Resin Starter Kit

https://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares.asp?MerchantID=RET01229&Action=Catalog&Type=Product&ID=82698

I've never had anything shatter while removing items from the mold. I can't understand them telling you this. As long as you're not in a hurry, I'll take some pix the next time I create a head mold and casting. It'll give you some confidence. :)

Probably to cover their buns in case they mess up...

I wish I knew about the Complete Resin Starter Kit:monkey2

I just ammended my supplies with an order that is enroute--something that I didn't have from when I was going to mold and cast stuff long before I discovered this thread. My original order has been sitting boxed up since October of last year. Hope they haven't expired yet.

Jess.

Hey IM! I want to put my SS Brent head on a shorter SS body to make him more to scale. Are there any that would accomadate his neck style? Thanks, Kent.:monkey3

I want to put my SS Brent head on a shorter SS body to make him more to scale. Are there any that would accomadate his neck style? Thanks, Kent.:confused:

There is always next Valentine's day... right, Dave? :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Yeah, like he still reads this thread. :rolleyes:

What would be considered truer to scale for these Apes, the Marx or DML Horse? :rolleyes:

I'm just partial to the Marx Johnny West Horses... especially Thunderbolt. All of my horses are Thunderbolt re-dos. There's nothing "my little pony" about him.

Last edited:
I would agree because the heads are more narrow as compared to the DML Horse and therefore look more in tune with the Movie version.:rolleyes:

I cannot believe this guy on e-bay trying to charge $10.00 shipping for each item purchased! What a rip off!:google

Back