Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how much was the two wheel cart?

too bad about your fatigues, Kfog! kinda stressful about the bag...because it was a difficult job. I just didn't want to spend another $35...since the original bag was pricey. Also...this was the second bag insert since the first one eventually fell apart too.

OMG...Stuffed Dodge is looking crazy good. I am thinking of doing a one-part mold and cutting it apart...because this wax will get messed up if I smoosh clay on top of it should I attempt to make a two-part mold.

Anyone seen this before? Great quality too.

[ame]https://youtu.be/Px4YGrL5fJg[/ame]

Anyone happens to have a Hot Toys Gorilla Captain they would like to sell or trade? Been trying to track it down.

Last edited:
I am not able to pull off the ears so easily as that, once they are glued on. I loved watching that clip again..the quality IS fabulous! Roddy McDowall is jut so perfect always.

It does take me 3 to 3.5 hours as well...but since i do my own makeup, I start with the teeth first....black them out and blow dry them. Once they are dry, i apply the ears....and then the whole face as one piece...and then blending the edges takes forever....but the hairdryer helps speed things up a bit.

I don't know if my friend will be going under the goo this SDCC...or if he will don the Apemania deluxe mask. i hope he decides to get glued down. I really want to apply the makeup on someone else other than me. it would be cool to videotape I think....

Did you guys notice how dark Roddy's paintup is? i know that Bill Blake had mentioned that the ape face was usually painted so dark...to avoid getting washed out with the lighting.

I'm dating myself here, but I saw that when it was originally broadcast(yes, I am ancient).Still fun...PS

I took Brian's advice of darkening the make up as it looks better from a camera lense perspective or in direct sunlight. Still a work in progress but I loved my make up for the parade. He gave me reference shots of Ziras dark colors.

I'm dating myself here, but I saw that when it was originally broadcast(yes, I am ancient).Still fun...PS

No more ancient than me...

I remember it from the original CBS broadcast as well. I think it was around the time when the Apes television show began.

Michael I would love to see those shots of Zira for paint reference. one time I went to Wondercon with dark paint-up and unless you used flash, it was too dark. so it's tough...either go too dark or too light. Hard to get that good color where you don't look washed out in a flash but not overly tanned when photographed without a flash.

You've probably seen it before but I'll dig it up for you.

Yeah I had mixed results. Parade day - perfect. The day I did conquest, I think I went a little too dark, and the muzzle/browes were the same color as the cheeks/eyes, which made it look too much like a mask. It's easy to go too dark. I find if its too light, I can see the edges, but that could be from not being that great at blending yet.

40-gun salute in Ape City!

Stuffed and Mounted Dodge is ready for a mold. Wish me luck....there can be no mistakes since this is monster clay and cannot be cured like sculpey...Hope you guys like him. It took me forever to sculpt him it seems!

0209132339a_zps0b83d9ad.jpg
0209132339_zps035fa9d9.jpg

Michael--I couldn't (or should i say i was too lazy) to go upstairs to find a stiffer-textured paintbrush to work off the dents and whatnot on his face...so I ended up painting the skin with alcohol and burnishing it softly with my fingertip. some parts were really hard to access because of the size of my fingertip...so I did my best.

Last edited:
Hi Ironman, I tried to PM you but your inbox is full.

I did find my Ursus, he is NIB. I've looked on ebay and there's only been one sold recently and that was for $985 I believe. I could do him for $700 shipped from the UK, which I know is about 3 times what the MSRP was, crazy. If you decline I will try ebay, and if he doesn't sell there I will consider lowering the price.

Thanks

No more ancient than me...

I remember it from the original CBS broadcast as well. I think it was around the time when the Apes television show began.

You are correct;Roddy was promoting the series(which CBS essentially threw away). Funny bit...PS

40-gun salute in Ape City!

Stuffed and Mounted Dodge is ready for a mold. Wish me luck....there can be no mistakes since this is monster clay and cannot be cured like sculpey...Hope you guys like him. It took me forever to sculpt him it seems!

0209132339a_zps0b83d9ad.jpg
0209132339_zps035fa9d9.jpg

Michael--I couldn't (or should i say i was too lazy) to go upstairs to find a stiffer-textured paintbrush to work off the dents and whatnot on his face...so I ended up painting the skin with alcohol and burnishing it softly with my fingertip. some parts were really hard to access because of the size of my fingertip...so I did my best.

Drool, drool!:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Back