Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still in the middle of futzing him. He looks pretty wrong right now. :( anyway...I shall manage somehow.

I need to make a mold and cast before I can paint him. That's a long way from now if you see what condition he is in. I made major surgery...cut off his nose and moved it down...and now I'm trying to just repair the damage.

I am still working on him but he's getting there.
841055_10151507701405649_53550106_o.jpg

Kfog...here's the squinty Dodge that was one of my reference photos for Forbidden Zone Dodge:
27075-14970.gif

0205131228_zps5b1aa4de.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I have some SSC Apes NIB that I am planning to sell, could someone please advise me as to what they're worth? PM would be great.

I have:
4 Soldiers
Zira
Cornelius
Astronaut Taylor
Dr. Zaius
Dr. Zaius Forbidden Zone Expedition

I've been poking around ebay and they seem to going anywhere from £20 and up but wanted to doublecheck if you don't mind.

I have a Hot Toys Ursus too but need to find him first.

Thanks

Looking better every time!
Hi guys,

I have some SSC Apes NIB that I am planning to sell, could someone please advise me as to what they're worth? PM would be great.

I have:
4 Soldiers
Zira
Cornelius
Astronaut Taylor
Dr. Zaius
Dr. Zaius Forbidden Zone Expedition

I've been poking around ebay and they seem to going anywhere from £20 and up but wanted to doublecheck if you don't mind.

I have a Hot Toys Ursus too but need to find him first.

Thanks
Any HT soldiers?

Ironman, if I can find him I will let you know, but looking at ebay prices he probably won't be cheap, he's still NIB.

Kostka, no HT soldiers, sorry.

The guy that I have making me my Good Seed sweaters showed me a pic today of Polars. I'm getting excited!

3D20CF0F-9E7F-4F0C-9B33-A6C1113CD268-1718-0000018EBE312105_zpsda02c619.jpg

So excited that I decided to make the Polar sculpt tonight, way ahead of schedule. I notice now that I need to adjust the hair some. I'll probably mount it on a gorilla body, as Polar has a more "broad" look than your average chimpanzee.

The bottom portion of that sweater will roll because the stockinette stitch has a tendency to do that. Polar looks fabulous.

Really? Maybe I can figure something out so that it doesnt.

Thanks. I know what I need to do to fix the hair right. I may have to trim down the neck, too. Polar stands with his head sort of slouched forward.

You could try ironing it down and forcing it to hold its shape with duct tape from the inside. Unless you knit srockinette with a rib or a seed stitch on the edge it will roll.

Thanks for the ideas. I'm sure I can weigh it down. Maybe a strip of appoxie along the inner edge? Ill try the duct tape when I get it.

Last edited:
Even masking tape should work. Been knitting actively for 14 years now but i learned how to knit more than 30 years ago. One of my weird knitting skills is being able to knit backwards which is all kinds of awesome.

Which has more than aided to your amazing custom work. Have you thought anymore about the Alaya dress?

On occasion I do, Michael!

Tomorrow I get my iron infusions...so maybe after that I will be more productive custom-wise. Let's just say I am falling apart!

Actually today was full of laundry...plus i took apart a portion of my son's Zuca bag apart and resewed with reinforcements. It took a good portion of the afternoon...but I'm so glad to say that i managed to fix what was wrong. I just felt so very handy today!

Here's a photo of a Zuca bag so you can see how crazy it was to attempt to take it apart and reassemble where it was splitting from the seams. I actually replaced the netting you see on the side because it was full of holes from being dragged. I used the netting i had left over from my Romulan Commander costume.

gcw_zps1561ef5a.jpg

Damn.... Just looking at it intimidates me! I don't think I can even sew a straight line.

Yea Jess, I like the design on the Zuca bag! Reminds me of the Woodland cammy's/fatigues that I wore while a marine! I gave them all away to a couple nephews and wish I hadn't! Pretty cool though!

Back