Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You both look superb in that last shot, with the fabric used on the Zaius costume looking a lot more like the real deal then in the previous shots. :D

Thanks, Sueworld! The latest Wondercon I went to we were literally mobbed because we attracted more attention because I was not the only ape in town.

Working on so many ongoing projects. One of them is baby Milo's body, so I can pose him with his mom and dad. This is the one I used for my Mego Zira when I took photos with him swaddled up in a blanket.
DSC06736.jpg
DSC06747.jpg

Amazingly, baby Milo is perfectly great for 1:6 scale as a newborn chimp! I am using neodymium magnets for his sockets so that I can choose to pose him with my Mego or with my favorite SS Zira. He looks a tad small compared to the movie chimp, but I can guarantee that this one is the size of a newborn that just went through the birth canal.
DSC06749.jpg
DSC06756.jpg

OMG! Alex's Burke is truly an amazing work of art! It was delivered yesterday but I was only able to pick it up today because I missed the mailman. If I can manage I'm going to try to paint him up.

Last edited:
Again, thanks for the tremendous support I've been getting from those who frequent this Apes thread. Stay tuned, as time allows, I'll be listing some more customized Apes this week as well.

:goodpost::exactly::yess:

Still on the fence. I had the highest hopes for Burton's crap only for it to be dashed into a million pieces. I hope it's an intelligent film, because that was really lacking in the regurgitation.

I finished these jeans today. yay!

DSC06778.jpg

Also, you know how I found the gorilla plum at Target in the bedding section? Well I also found orangutan orange in the same aisle. A little easier on the wallet considering you are getting a whole sheet set vs. just a pair of pillow cases for $25. Still pricey, but the color is perfect. I don't know why I get so excited. I already have an orangutan orange-colored jacket that I am going to cut up to dress up my tribunal apes.

Have you guys noticed that nobody bothers to customize the Burton apes because that movie was just pure turd?

Trying out something new guys that I found on the RPF for leatherwork. This is a positive of the SS hieroglyph found Zira and Cornelius. I've cleaned it up as much as I could, so now I'm going to pour a rubber mold of this, of which I will make a resin cast. It's a little more pronounced than what you see on the SS vinyl, because I took a clay impression and pressed down the hieroglyph patterns with a tiny screwdriver to emphasize the hieroglyphs--that's why they look so ratty! Once cured, I will take that resin cast and place it on top of wet leather and apply pressure until it's dry...so hopefully the hieroglyphs will come out nicely, in leather!! If this works, this is going to be what I will do for the President of the Academy. Hopefully the leather will look embossed. :hi5:

DSC06785.jpg

I also didn't know that they sell paint for leather! You can buy here: https://www.turtlefeathers.net/text/angelus/paint.html

Last edited:
Did anyone see that special on Rise of the Planet of the Apes on Facebook? It's still playing there (it's on a loop) if you are interested. The link I provided in my last post will take you right to it.

Well, I'm strangely curious about it now. I think they may have a better story to tell this time around.

And they revealed that a teaser trailer will be release tomorrow on iTunes.

No sense in messing with a good thing. Instead of trying to do remakes or even call it a remake or label it a 'sortasequel' to imply their riding the established 'classic' story arc, why not just call it 'ape' or 'apes' and drop the '...of the planet of the apes' part of the title. I think thats why Burtons 'POTA' failed miserably. Had it been called something like 'the apes of sleepy hollow' no one would be drawing comparisons to the only true franchise. Just my take.:monkey2

Back