Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't researched the scarecrows any further yet. I'll have to watch that part of the film and then make a temporary big "X". I don't want them to big or they'll actually be touching my ceiling as they sit on the shelf.

Angel, those beards look great - nice job!

Jess - its just so great having you back in town. Those gorilla head comparisons are great. Any thought on whether trimming down a SS head will allow the face to fit on the HT?

The size of the face is perfect for a quick swap. You could probably make a mold of an SS face and cast it.

The size of the face is perfect for a quick swap. You could probably make a mold of an SS face and cast it.

Casting and molding is not for me. But between the two faces I showed earlier and the prospect of the Sideshow, a few transplants might be forthcoming.... :rolleyes:

Guys it's so great to be back. I really missed chattering. Going cold turkey from the internet was painful.

I haven't really thought of a name for Axis. I will probably call him Milo. Not sure. Anyway, here are first photos of him holding the Hot Toys and SS gorilla heads. The pictures were coming out too dark so I had to photograph the heads on my window sill.

kenya2009079.jpg

Milo was found on Feebay. Professor Laffo from the Replica Prop Forum mentioned having purchased one years ago. They are highly detailed puppets made by Axtel. Milo makes a great prop, but I have not brought him with me to a convention because I prefer to travel light.

Don't know if you guys will be brave enough to try goat innards (goat intestines). It was delicious but very fatty. It reminded me of something that I could not place...and then it dawned on me...the taste is reminiscent of what you smell when you pass the elephants at the zoo...that earthy ungulate smell.

I have that old figure, he's a great looking piece (in storage at the moment) but you can see a pic at the bottom of this old review- https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_050605b.htm
Picked it up cheap in London about 5 years ago (priced up wrong) it was meant to be £125 but it had a £25 sticker... had to let me have it for the marked price...Yay!

What a lucky monkey.

Welcome back Jess, I missed your entries here! I have been trying to get acclimated to my graveyard shift! Yes, I am back working for 12 full 8 hour days now. Back tonight at 10:00PM to 06:00AM. Security for Boeing! Temporary till they hire me as a tech I hope! Anyway, I have been trying to test into at least an Intermediate Algebra class. I need a 142 or above to get an AA from the community college (That's it) and then everything will be transferrable to Arizona State University. I have already checked out everything about the transfer. Now, to the point of my entry her!

I plan on taking a painting and sculpting class, but need to get as close as I can to our hobby to be to my liking. Meaning, apoxie, resin, and so on! Any thoughts or ideas?:D

Painting should do the trick...it will force you to look at the human physique and proportions, which will help in sculpting. Try to find a painting class that deals with the human body. I never tried a sculpting class. I think it's just practice there, and knowing proportions.

Painting should do the trick...it will force you to look at the human physique and proportions, which will help in sculpting. Try to find a painting class that deals with the human body. I never tried a sculpting class. I think it's just practice there, and knowing proportions.

Jess, do you mean a naked female model in the class room?:naughty

I don't need to be forced to look at that type of human physique and proportions!:monkey5

Jess, do you mean a naked female model in the class room?:naughty

I don't need to be forced to look at that type of human physique and proportions!:monkey5

Yes. Males are preferred, since most action figures are male, but get your practice where you can.

Back