Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Angel, I think you are going to have so much fun making those scarecrows. Have any idea on how big they will be? I'm thinking at least 20" tall. How many do you plan on making? How long are you guessing this project will take to accomplish? I know that you will do an amazing job.

There's no rush on the sculpts, though I do look forward very much to seeing the final products. The beards you added look great. I thank you.

Too bad about the camera? What will she be using it for? She won't have time with all of the reading she'll be doing. :monkey3 Maybe it's time to invest in a little point and shoot camera, something with at least 5 mega pixels. They're pretty inexpensive nowadays. It would be great to see your work in Hi-Res.:monkey5

I gotta go now and start my afternoon, I'll be away all day, so everyone have a great day!

One last message before I sit my merry butt down on the airplane. I am pulling an all-nighter. Husband is asleep in the other room and he would kill me if he found I was chatting with my friends and not family...but he's wrong. You guys are pretty much my ape family now. I have minor shopping to do in the morning (it's 2:30 AM by the way) and most of the suitcases are packed (hopefully all under 50 pounds but there's no scale here so I have to guess. If I can lift it with one hand, then it must be under 50 pounds).

I am looking at 5 hours to Dubai and then a 3-hour lay-over and then 15 hours to SFO. Hopefully my lack of sleep now will help to ease the 15 hour ride. Not looking forward to that but really looking forward to sleeping on my own bed. I have the weekend to snooze before I have to report back to the slavemines. Yuck.

So what has been happening at Central City while I was gone? I am so afraid to see how many pages I have to read through. In addition, I have hundreds of e-mails to plow through.

Have any idea on how big they will be? I'm thinking at least 20" tall.

Those scarecrows will be monstrous Sticks! If you take a look at the size of Taylor as he climbs on the cliff near the scarecrows, you’ll see that the scarecrows stand at least 2-1/2 to 3 times bigger than him! That means they’re about 18 foot tall. I’ll be taking a closer look at these over the weekend to get it right. I may scale them down just a bit. I scaled the Doomsdays bomb down by about 2 inches. I also scaled down the artful partitions from the tribunal scene about the same.

Hey, just noticed Jessica!:grouphug It'll be good to get her back! :)

I can't wait to see those crazy scarecrows.

Yeah Jess, have a safe flight. :bounce

I'll be away till next friday. I'm going to Montana with a friend. I'll be stopping at Little Big Horn and hopefully the Crazy Horse Monument.

Have a great weekend and week everyone!

Another mail delivery - another disappointing day. :(

I ordered the Captain and Soldier off of him Ironman and I am still waiting. I finally turned in a claim to Paypal. Then he emails me and asks me why???? I responded and said because I haven't got my stuff yet and he wouldn't return my emails. He emailed me back and said he was sorry!!! That's nice but I still don't have my Apes yet.

Sorry guys. The jail is packed away right now in storage and it is hard for me to get to right now. When I do, I will take some new pics with the Hot Toys Apes. Hoepfully by then I will have the Soldier and Captain.

I was told on the 17th that Ursus was in and the gorilla soldier would be in that week. they would ship ASP to me. I guess we'll see.

Got the latest Alter Ego newsletter and STILL no listing of the Hot Toys Apes in the 30 day arrival window.

ARRGH!!! :banghead:banghead:banghead

Hey Ironman thought that was pretty coo that you had post 14370 on page 1437... OK, not THAT cool, but simple things please simple minds!

(And on a seperate note, did that pic of the Space Precinct toy work OK for you in the other thread, I updated it?)

I'm now the proud owner of all 3 of the Gorillas, they can go with my SS Chimps till hopefully HT do them as well. I'm loving the details, especially on the little opening pouches on the soldiers belts, and those ergonomic ape guns are just so well done!

I shall be starting my review next week.

Hey Ironman thought that was pretty coo that you had post 14370 on page 1437... OK, not THAT cool, but simple things please simple minds!

(And on a seperate note, did that pic of the Space Precinct toy work OK for you in the other thread, I updated it?)

I'm now the proud owner of all 3 of the Gorillas, they can go with my SS Chimps till hopefully HT do them as well. I'm loving the details, especially on the little opening pouches on the soldiers belts, and those ergonomic ape guns are just so well done!

I shall be starting my review next week.

Hey, we're all simple folks around these parts!! LOL

I did see the pic of the Space Precinct work. Very cool stuff. I really wish that the line would have had more to it. Finding the Brogan's is such a pain and they seem to be getting higher in price. Ebay is killing my Space Precinct and "V" acquisitions.

You got the HT's?? Man it seems like everyone in the world is getting them before me!!
Well, me, Protozaius and Dr_Zaius. :monkey5
I can't wait!! i hope someone parts a few out at a reasonable price, and when I've got the spare change. I really want some extyra unis and an Ursus head.

Back