Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Sticks wants to make a much simpler casket than mine. His is a civil war box while mine was based on "Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein" which came out in the forties. Yeah the angles on the thing I made were a pain to work out and they are not anywheres near perfect... but I'm happy with it. If my casket angles make you go Hmmmm... You can't imagine the sounds I make when I see your wonderful work, that is truly mind boggeling. The box Sticks wants would be so much easier to create, no crazy angles, all he needs to do is get some balsa wood and have at it...

By the way Angel, I just made a leash for Taylor... It was so easy any monkey could do it... No sewing, no glueing, just a pair of clippers a piece of leather and there you have it...

I will post a few pics next week!

And no... I never saw the "Lord of the Rings " cartoon you speak of (I did see the Hobbit cartoon which I liked). I don't doubt it sounded like "Beneath"... From what I saw tonight, I think old Leonard was only capable of that Apish march sound!

JJ is right, here is what a casket of that time period looked like, not as intricate as Draculas.

coffin3JPG.jpg

coffin2JPG.jpg

coffin1JPG.jpg

coffinJPG.jpg

I've seen the LOTR animation version from the 70's, very well down. The battle at the end is great. I love the song by the Ogres, "Where there's a whip, There's a way!" :whip "Wizards" is another great animation short.

Clint Eastwood rocks in Gran Torino! Love it! It's great story, and although it's not a comedy, he'll make you laugh as a very grumpy old man.

HAHA. :lol I truly enjoyed it too. The acting by the sister and brother was very bad but Clint sure was grumpy and more than makes up for it. I did enjoy it though. A great way to take all the baddies out. :joy

Last edited:
Sticks - I'll tell who's got loose joints... that broken legged gorilla you sent over to me. I don't care though. The Sideshow stand will keep in in one position all year long.

The body of Cornelius has much tighter joints. That's the body I'm sending back to you with all the bearded heads you're after.

:lol Maybe that's why he jumped off my shelf.

Thanks buddy. :)

I've seen the LOTR animation version from the 70's, very well down. The battle at the end is great. I love the song by the Ogres, "Where there's a whip, There's a way!" :whip "Wizards" is another great animation short.

That is a GREAT song with a wonderful hook. "Where there's a whip, there's a way!" It's from the Rankin/Bass cartoon version of "Return of the King". :orthanc:orc:orc:orc:orc:ring

That is a GREAT song with a wonderful hook. "Where there's a whip, there's a way!" It's from the Rankin/Bass cartoon version of "Return of the King". :orthanc:orc:orc:orc:orc:ring

From the first time I heard that song it stuck in my head, to this day I still sing it. I haven't seen that animation in over 15-20 years. I have to get it again just to see them cracking that whip. :lol

Last edited:
Wish I could show you the 2 new beards on the others two heads I did today. I even did the eyebrows for a rougher look. I want to give you variety.

I'm very excited about this Angel, with money being tight, barter is so much more fun than selling. Now I'll have your work and craftsmanship in my two most important collections. :woo

From the first time I heard that song it stuck in my head, to this day I still sing. I haven't seen that animation in over 15-20 years. I have to get it again just to see them cracking that whip. :lol

I picked up all 3 of these cartoons at Wal-Mart years ago. In fact, The Peter Jackson version of “Return of the King” was playing in Theaters at the time. What was that, maybe 7-8 years ago??? Anyway, I snagged them at Wal-Mart for $5 each! :woo

Wow, your army is growing! How many Thuderbolt horses do you have. I see eight of them there,

I love caesar's whip. I'll have to try that. I'm sorry I never won that auction you told me about with the Horse tack and rig.

If it's apes you want, I have a Dr. Z, another Cornelius, and Zira if you're interested. :google

I definitely don't need any more orangutans, so I have to pass on Dr. Zaius. What I'm after are a bunch of chimps. I want to eventually give them banners (i.e. No More War, etc.) and pose them near the wagon and the gorillas that will be wearing their backpacks, carrying their flags and riding their horses! Invade! Invade! Invade! March of the Apes!

I really wish you had a boatload of Caesars. That’s what I want and need most. I'd snatch Caesar up from you a moment’s time. As far as another Cornelius or Zira, I'd have to see what I could use them for. I’ve got two brand new female chimp heads in the works downstairs already. I've already got the bodies and clothes for these two new female chimps as well. I guess that means I don't need any Zira's either. Sorry. Cornelius... perhaps.

Last edited:
Yeah I wish I picked up more Caesars when he was cheap, he's getting pricy. I never got more than two of him. :(

I think I gotta hit the hay. I'm pretty beat from the long day. Let me know if there's anything else I can scrounge up for you to trade, we'll work something out.

Good night Angle.

Look at his average price. https://www.toytracker.net/sideshow/tracking/sideshow.html/apes

:horror.

The Jailer is worth way more than that, and I can't believe regular Ursus is more than the EX. :huh

Back