Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would've put my $$$ on SNICK or Ironman. Good thing I didn't betcha any $$$. Congrats to you Dr. Milo, "C & Z" (Escape) are my fave 2 Sideshow figures! I know you're going to love it your collection!

I would have as its an outstanding set, but as Escape is my least favorite of the films......

Last edited:
Someday it will be cool to make this outfit for my Carsia:

JoannaBarnes4.jpg

I didn't think I would be able to do it again, but I did it! This is on its way to you tomorrow, Dr. Milo. It would have been faster if I had a pattern, but I confess. I lay the figure out on the table and cut the fabric as I need it.

zira023.jpg

Last edited:
I really hate that lipstick on Zira, which is most especially noticeable with a flash. I better repaint her someday.

Angel, I found the most perfect shocking pink fabric for Zira's scarf and it doesn't need fray stop. I'll send you some the next time I have a package ready for you.

zira014.jpg

I honestly don't recall Carsia actually wearing that clothing on the TV series. Did she?

She did wear it towards the last half of the show. I used to think how very unoriginal the outfit was. But, now that I look at it again, it looks so very dated and 1970s!! I really want to make this outfit someday.

Gahd, I remember that outfit.'Wonder where it came from originally;probably a "Batman" leftover...PS

I didn't think I would be able to do it again, but I did it! This is on its way to you tomorrow, Dr. Milo. It would have been faster if I had a pattern, but I confess. I lay the figure out on the table and cut the fabric as I need it.

zira023.jpg

Thanks, Jessica. It looks gorgeous and I can't wait to see it live and in person. I am very envious of talented people such as you. If you can just cut fabric as you need it, you have a real inborn skill. I always loved modern day Zira too.

Last edited:
Dr. Milo, I missed the mail run because I was running late to class. I will send it to you in tomorrow's mail so you should see it early next week. Plus, I wanted to package it better than slapping it together in a bubble envelope. Angel knows firsthand that I LOVE PACKAGING TAPE!!

Someday it will be cool to make this outfit for my Carsia:

JoannaBarnes4.jpg

That is an interesting outfit for an Ape. Maybe Carsia shopped at old abandoned human department stores. At first I though it might be that outfit Kim Hunter wore in at least one photo from "Escape." Although I never found out if that outfit was from a cut scene or was one of Kim's own coats she had on between scenes.

ZiraMod.jpg

Dr. Milo, I missed the mail run because I was running late to class. I will send it to you in tomorrow's mail so you should see it early next week. Plus, I wanted to package it better than slapping it together in a bubble envelope. Angel knows firsthand that I LOVE PACKAGING TAPE!!

No Problem. With Valentine's day coming up I figured everyone will be busy...well, not me....:monkey2

That is an interesting outfit for an Ape. Maybe Carsia shopped at old abandoned human department stores. At first I though it might be that outfit Kim Hunter wore in at least one photo from "Escape." Although I never found out if that outfit was from a cut scene or was one of Kim's own coats she had on between scenes.

ZiraMod.jpg

I don't remember Zira wearing a blouse with that type of cuff on it either...I wonder now if it was from a cut scene, because her hands are fully made up with fur already.

Talk about hands...today I bought black nailpolish. Apemania's instructions said to wear tooth black on your fingernails. I already had dark brown fingernail polish, but I saw the black and thought that the nailpolish might be more permanent for the day than tooth black enamel on my fingernails...

Dark brown nail polish or black nail polish? Decisions...decisions...

Thank God it's almost FRIDAY!! And a 3-day weekend to boot! YAY! I will take the opportunity to paint my Zira appliances under natural light.

Don't know what my human will have for me for Valentine's day. Probably some flowers.

I know I'll be busy putting together my costume. I can't wait for the weekend to come.

Weird! Never noticed that before. Apemania says use black tooth enamel...

Look at that mottling on the fingers!

I'm going to start something easy, like first painting Zira's ears and matching it to the the film. It looked like her ears were a dark brown with a bit of olive undertones.

It's bugging me that my grease makeup from Monster Makers has not arrived yet! I found a costume shop in my town (I didn't think that was possible!) that is open tomorrow that sells Kryolan makeup. All I really need is the base makeup for my skin. I'm headed for the costume shop straight after piano lessons tomorrow morning.

:banana

My makeup came. It looks like it will be enough to cover what I need covered. Oh GOD!! I just want to get my ape on!!!

Rewatching Planet of the Apes (again!) so I could study the color of Zira's face. I just noticed that after the surviving humans of the hunt were thrown into the ape wagon, when the gorillas shut the doors of the cage, it sounded like a car door.

I really hate that lipstick on Zira, which is most especially noticeable with a flash. I better repaint her someday.

I never even really paid attention to that. After all these years I've my Zira I never thought about it, but now that you point it out, it is glaringly wrong. It's almost as bad as Mego giving Zira eyebrows.

Back