Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look well together, and a few gorillas flanking the General will look sick. These look like their straight out of the movie.

I just had a funny thought! When I do get General Ursus in my paws, I'm going to give him corn rows and take photos.

Just for yucks, I'm also going to photograph him with curlers. I can't wait to run my fingers through his hair!!

Last edited:
Just snapped a quick iPhone pic of my Caesar DVD bust and made this for you guys:

christmas_pota.jpg

Quick and dirty, like Apes! :rock

I can not believe the looks of the new Hot Toys Apes! Just mouth watering. I wasn't sure about the real hair over the molded hair at first but after seeing the pictures, I am a believer now. Although I still think the brow on the solider in the hair line is off a little. The figures have more of a straight brow while the movie have a bit of a dip in the brow. But I can live with it. the acessories are just mind blowing. For thoese of you who have Angels wagon, you now have a key to the lock!
When Fox was running the Thanksgiving marathon, I was able to watch the first movie with 2 people who have never seen any of the Apes films. One girl was just blown away that the Planet of the Apes turned out to be earth.

Since Hot Toys is now producing a Planet of the Apes line, and if you haven't seen them they are mouth watering, maybe we can get them to release a set of figures based on the Apes TV series. Their email is
[email protected]

Email them and ask for the Apes TV series figures!

The more I study the pictures of the Hot Toys Apes, the more I see some problems with the gorilla soldiers. I think there is a strange expression on them. Too much front teeth. The hair a bit too long. Hairline all wrong. The brow just a little off.

That being said, I'm in for Ursus. The helmet hides the hairline and helps to control the hair. The sculpt is amazing! He will fit in with my Sideshow apes because the helmet will hide most of the hair. I'll be buying the good General but will probably pass on the lower ranked gorillas. I think the Sideshow sculpts are better than the Hot Toys thus far, with the exception of Ursus who looks magnificent.

The more I study the pictures of the Hot Toys Apes, the more I see some problems with the gorilla soldiers. I think there is a strange expression on them. Too much front teeth. The hair a bit too long. Hairline all wrong. The brow just a little off.

That being said, I'm in for Ursus. The helmet hides the hairline and helps to control the hair. The sculpt is amazing! He will fit in with my Sideshow apes because the helmet will hide most of the hair. I'll be buying the good General but will probably pass on the lower ranked gorillas. I think the Sideshow sculpts are better than the Hot Toys thus far, with the exception of Ursus who looks magnificent.

I agree with the observations you've made. Ursus works better because the helmet hides some of the hair problems.
I still want to see how the finished product on the Soldier looks in person. It may come out better than these pix.
Even if the HT real hair head does come out wonky, the uniform and accessories look amazing. I can envision a really nice hybrid with the SS headsculpt and I think I like the SS rifle a little better. The HT one looks a little oversized.
Still, I'm VERY impressed with what HT is showing right now.

-Ray

Since Hot Toys is now producing a Planet of the Apes line, and if you haven't seen them they are mouth watering, maybe we can get them to release a set of figures based on the Apes TV series. Their email is
[email protected]

Email them and ask for the Apes TV series figures!

I'd prefer Zaius, Cornelius, Taylor, and Zira first.
Don't get me wrong, I like the TV Series, I have it on DVD, but I want to see the iconic film characters done in the inimitable Hot Toys style first. :monkey5

I'd prefer Zaius, Cornelius, Taylor, and Zira first.
Don't get me wrong, I like the TV Series, I have it on DVD, but I want to see the iconic film characters done in the inimitable Hot Toys style first. :monkey5

Oh yeah, me too. I just hope that Hot Toys don't stop with the films and pays the series a little love also.

I wonder why some sites have these listed with a price and our Sideshow doesn't. I would think that Sideshow would distribute these for Hot Toys.

I wonder why some sites have these listed with a price and our Sideshow doesn't. I would think that Sideshow would distribute these for Hot Toys.

Sideshow is, but it will go up with a newsletter BUT nothing will be preordered until AFTER the Holidays because SS will be closed.

Back