Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 sculpted.

im surprised that no companies have the 1/6 license yet, due to the recent success of the movie and the large fandom goin back to the classics seems like it would be a no-branier.:dunno

So, if your internet wasn't down you would have placed a bid higher than the winning bid of $2,275 to get the figure?

Wow. :horror :horror :horror

And to think that the figure's starting price was $29.95!

Yea but we won't ever get a chance at gettin a 1/6 scale figure. Closest thing is the upcoming 1/4 scale statue of caeser...

Hi guys. Super duper busy. Glad to see Central City is alive and well! YAY!! Go.....APE!!!

Did you guys see what was unearthed by my buddy Law Giver on FB?

I miss hanging out here guys!! But I can't view this stuff on my cell phone....Fffffffttttt......

I still love my Sideshow apes the best. Yea...I am going to buy the NECA stuff, but they can't really pose that well. I want to be able to pose them and make them look 1:1 scale. You can't really do that with NECA apes...unless they were just STANDING. But who cares about just STANDING???? What about dinner parties? What about picnics? What about...everyday stuff?

Gearing up for Dragoncon. First time I will be outside of Ape City BY MYSELF so I can hang out with other apes. SO FREAKING EXCITED. Anyway, everything I am doing is prepping for Dragoncon. But...as soon as that is over and I come down from cloud nine...I will try to finish my 1:6 Urko helmeted. I still need money to buy materials for his helmet...I'm still kicking ideas in my head...but that's way after Dragoncon.

And guess what? I may just have to spend the entire night glued under in makeup. I will probably have to peel off the latex ears cause they hurt like hell to lie down on them...but I need to be in makeup Friday AND Saturday...By the time Dragoncon is over, I may not ever want to go ape.

Hi guys. Super duper busy. Glad to see Central City is alive and well! YAY!! Go.....APE!!!

Did you guys see what was unearthed by my buddy Law Giver on FB?

Wow... those shots are amazing! I would give anything to see those cut scenes edited back into the film! I always thought that Taylor's escape was just a little too easy. They needed to add a bit of tension when leaving Ape City.

I would give anything to see those cut scenes edited back into the film!

Unfortunately none of that footage has survived. That's a pretty cool scene, too, if you've ever read the original script, and it includes the line made famous by General Ursus in Beneath: "The only good human, is a dead human!"

There's another scene on the journey to the FZ that was only partially filmed, and cut, where it's discovered that Nova is pregnant. But Charlton Heston didn't like the idea that his character would actually procreate with a lower species of human. Too bad, cause it would have certainly added a deeper substance to her death in Beneath.

Unfortunately none of that footage has survived. That's a pretty cool scene, too, if you've ever read the original script, and it includes the line made famous by General Ursus in Beneath: "The only good human, is a dead human!"

There's another scene on the journey to the FZ that was only partially filmed, and cut, where it's discovered that Nova is pregnant. But Charlton Heston didn't like the idea that his character would actually procreate with a lower species of human. Too bad, cause it would have certainly added a deeper substance to her death in Beneath.

Another reason for the cut was that the producers didn't want people to think that humans had a future... they weren't thinking of sequels. As they explained in the documentary "Behind the Planet of the Apes", if Taylor had any offspring that child could be a turning point (ironically it would be the reverse Caesar/Milo situation) adding some sort of lingering hope for humans to rise again. But the Statue of Liberty in the sand said it all. We have no future.

Hi All,

I know it's not SS POTA but I thought that you guys would enjoy viewing.

I couldn't wait to get my hands on the new NECA POTA classic figures and I have to say I wasn't dissapointed, these figures are execellent from the details on the uniform to the head sculpts are spoton. My only ***** is the paint apps on the faces so I dcided to repaint Cornelius and mack a small display for him.

The display depicts him in his office and keeping in mind that he is an archaeoligist I wanted to make display with some relics, maps and equipment in the office. My two kids kept nagging me not to cover the joints like the usual statue type diorama's that I usually do so who am I to argue with two critics LOL.

RECIPE

Cornelius - as mentioned before is from NECA and he was given a complete repaint, I paid particluar attention to the face and hands as the final made him look really pivved off. I also repainted the body and gave the outfit some subtle washes and drybrushing to bring out the details.

Base - The base is made from foam core and then I used plaster cloth to cover the base and I also made the window using the plaster cloth. Once dry I covered the plaster cloth with more plaster, I made the table and chair using high density foam and foam core and covered them in plaster cloth and plaster.

The shelf was made using left over balsa wood and the artifacts are parts from some other 7" figures and the rope is some leather that was repainted and the backpacks are from some 12" figures that have been altered.

The scrolls on the table are just pieces of paper rolled up and painted and the map was done by drawing the design in pencil and then painting over that and the pencil is a piece of plasticard which was painted, I also cut some paper to size to look like notes and drew on the first page with a pencil.

Ron

cor1.jpg

cor2.jpg

cor3.jpg

cor4.jpg

cor5.jpg

cor6.jpg

cor7.jpg

cor8.jpg

cor9.jpg

cor10.jpg

Last edited:
Amazing work... very well done.

Love to see you add Zira to that little dio when she comes out!

In the future you might want to post pictures of your work in the NECA POTA thread where the people collecting the line can enjoy it.

The general here (Ironman 1188) doesn't abide any Apes shorter than 12".

Nice job. Love to see that kind of set up for the real POTA figures.

Cheers mate.

Amazing work... very well done.

Love to see you add Zira to that little dio when she comes out!

In the future you might want to post pictures of your work in the NECA POTA thread where the people collecting the line can enjoy it.

The general here (Ironman 1188) doesn't abide any Apes shorter than 12".

Thanks mate.

Ron

Hi guys. I went to Dragoncon and I survived!! I actually came back infected by confluenza from those filthy humans. It was super duper crowded and insane to be there. Anyway, I won a golden ticket to have professional photographs made. Here are some of the photos from that bunch.

And I guess this is how I would look if I were an action figure:

Back