Sauron... Worth Getting ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnapJimmy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I've been delaying in getting Sauron Statue until now
just because I thought his looks to thin to me...
But I looks like the details on this statue is really good.
Couple days ago, I've been offer to buy a Sauron Statue for $230 shipped.
Should I go for this one? Is it worth getting?
I'd appriciate your opinion and comments on this.
Thanks,

lakeshouse said:
Hi everybody,
I've been delaying in getting Sauron Statue until now
just because I thought his looks to thin to me...
But I looks like the details on this statue is really good.
Couple days ago, I've been offer to buy a Sauron Statue for $230 shipped.
Should I go for this one? Is it worth getting?
I'd appriciate your opinion and comments on this.
Thanks,

Haven't followed the prices recently, but he is definately worth getting - after all he is THE Lord of the Rings (copyright somebody else, don't know whos started this...) and he is a mighty impressive statue :cool:

I know you bought a Cave Troll once. If you still have it, here's a comparison pic how he would look next to your tiny Cavey:

Sauron_Troll2a.jpg

I went over to a buddys house many times to see his and it never impressed me at all, WAY to skinny IMO. I can't shake the "feminine feel" this statue left me with.

He got rid of it pretty quick as well.

Different strokes and all of that I guess.
just one freaks opinion

It's a very nice piece but a little thin.

For $230, get him.

HELLS YES!!! And he's not thin, he's fit. You have to be in good shape to rule Middle Earth. Don't you think there's a 6-pack under all that armor?

Sauron is not my favorite, just like you lakeshouse, I find him to thin. But the detail is amazing. And the overall impression is 'wow'. If you got the chance to buy it for $230 then do it! Mine has cost me nearly $400 (taxes and shipping included), and just last weekend, I've seen it in a shop for $511 (430 euro)!! And you'd have to carry it home by yourself. People that have a Sauron at home, know what that means!

PsychoCenobite said:
Is there something different with your Sauron? He seems to look downwards more than mine! :monkey1

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

That's just the "slightly adjustable" head... :eek:

PsychoCenobite said:
I'm scared to touch mine after his right shoulder sheild fell off! :horror

It's now stuck on with some blu-tac (or what ever Americans call it?! :monkey5 )

PC :cool:

We call it blu-tac here and there is another brand called silly putty.

As far as Sauron being to thin he is or was a Maia or I assume that is the look PJ was going for which is described as an Angelic creature. I always likened them to the elves and I can't imagin a large bulky elf.

Considering you can find one for about $230 or less including shipping, YES!!!!!!!!! There are plenty to be found on eBay.

It is a good piece as far as the sculpt is concerned, but not all that incredible - I definately think he is a bit "chicken-legged." Personally, I think the size is what most people are a "goo-goo" over, I am keeping my statue, and would get him for $230 (well I actually I did :D ).

I passed on this one as I found it too thin (or "chicken-legged" would be more appropriate).
By the way, I had some problem when I saw Sauron in the movie. I know that PJ HAD to show him on the screen for many reasons. The fact is, when I read the books, I was really impressed by this dark lord that has the power of poisoning your heart and soul from Mordor. You never see him physically but you can feel his presence by your side and experience his power at each of your steps :ogat . Imo, this both permament and invisible presence is something magic in these books.

Back