Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great price considering its size.

So if I'm understanding correctly then, 'legendary scale' products have $1000 added to their price tag because of the word 'legendary' in the title ?

Would have been a stunning piece but that orange overspray was a really stupid decision. Will prob look even worse on the final production pieces. I'm out.

Would have been a stunning piece but that orange overspray was a really stupid decision. Will prob look even worse on the final production pieces. I'm out.

Exactly.. That and the big head is why I chose to buy old Weta version. It will also match SS maquette line scalewise, which I think we won't be seeing in that line from SS for many many years.

Dont look the size,look the finished details,ill pay 1k if was exactly like lithography and lighted helm and base

shut-up-and-take-my-money-meme-visa-bank-card.jpg

For your money maybe. Having seen this in person I have no problems saying this is very much worth the price. This is amazingly detailed if you actually looked at my pictures instead of sticking your head in the sand. Also, you can still get Jerry's print from his store to put two fantastic pieces together. Finally, a light up helm would have made it more expensive and look dumb.

So with Sauron, and RWOS PFs announced, frodo and sam preordered, Twilight ringwraith maquette preordered, am I correct that there is nothing else hinted or teased at the moment?

So with Sauron, and RWOS PFs announced, frodo and sam preordered, Twilight ringwraith maquette preordered, am I correct that there is nothing else hinted or teased at the moment?

Well, as of now those are all the known items. I expect Merry/Pippin are on the horizon and I wouldn't be shocked if we see some more as The Hobbit lights a fire under new Middle-earth fans.

Like I said I think there are pieces coming to fill in any empty space sooner rather than later. However, something I was just thinking to roll with my point about bandwagon fans. The Lord of the Rings pieces Sideshow has been turning out with the RWOS, Sauron, and all of the statues are some of their best pieces ever. Better than most of the marvel, SW, dc, GI Joe, etc so I hope we get these bandwagon fans so the heat gets turned up and we get more amazing items from Middle-earth. :rock

Josh, you saw barad dur and sauron pf at SSCC. Which one you choose if you had the money for just one piece?
I always considered barad dur as the main big boss cause we see it so many time in the trilogy, the fortress with the red eye, but sauron is just at the beginning of the FOTR.
For the cost difference, it looks like I'm getting more for my money with sauron PF. I ordered the fortress cause I thought sauron would be to expensive far over 1K but at 900$, It's a real joke.

You that saw both, am I right?

Last edited:
Josh, you saw barad dur and sauron pf at SSCC. Which one you choose if you had the money for just one piece?
I always considered barad dur as the main big boss cause we see it so many time in the trilogy, the fortress with the red eye, but sauron is just at the beginning of the FOTR.
For the cost difference, it looks like I'm getting more for my money with sauron PF.

You that saw both, am I right?

Yeah, I saw both. That's a tough question to be honest. Both items are amazing and worth getting (like I am). Are you more into environments or big pieces like the PF? I'm a terrible chooser in situations like this. :lol Both companies produced items I felt were vital to my collection. So as I said I think you need to look at your collection and just chose which fits better.

For your money maybe. Having seen this in person I have no problems saying this is very much worth the price. This is amazingly detailed if you actually looked at my pictures instead of sticking your head in the sand. Also, you can still get Jerry's print from his store to put two fantastic pieces together. Finally, a light up helm would have made it more expensive and look dumb.

listen to him he was there (Josh you thought it was going to be $2000 and well worh it) this is so amazingly cheap. sideshow have really moved up a gear lately.

listen to him he was there (Josh you thought it was going to be $2000 and well worh it) this is so amazingly cheap. sideshow have really moved up a gear lately.

I wouldn't have been shocked at 2k. I really thought it would land at $1200 or even $1500-1600. However, the fact it landed less than 1k was a nice surprise.

Like I said I think there are pieces coming to fill in any empty space sooner rather than later. However, something I was just thinking to roll with my point about bandwagon fans. The Lord of the Rings pieces Sideshow has been turning out with the RWOS, Sauron, and all of the statues are some of their best pieces ever. Better than most of the marvel, SW, dc, GI Joe, etc so I hope we get these bandwagon fans so the heat gets turned up and we get more amazing items from Middle-earth. :rock
I'm a bandwagon fan josh:lol .....I'm into all the lines you mentioned except GI and have pieces coming from each :impatient:.I just love the source material...... films:hi5:

Last edited:
Well, glad to have ya. :1-1: Hope you go from a bandwagon fan to a true fan of Middle-earth. :hi5:
tis one of my favourite films.. top 5.. (sorry didn't read the books) really looking forward to the hobbit films and glad Petter Jackson is back directing :yess:

Back