Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely picking this monster up always was on the fence for the weta, but this one is an easy choice.

If this is an edition size of 1000...I will be happy:wink1:...It wont be 500 IMHO...but if it by chance is I will be even happier:)

I would have put money on a bet that this would have been over $1000 so the price makes buying easier, plus the 8 payments flex pay helps...Plus LOTR means a heck of alot to me....This is a beautiful statue I dont care what anybody says...I liked the SDCC photos...IMHO Unless someone makes a 1/2 or 1/3 scale piece this is it!...However there is nothing wrong with owning the Weta piece...If that is the only Sauron that one ever owns they should be totally happy...This piece is special to me and may possibly be my grail....end of story...If I dont like it I will Repaint it myself.....Grats to those who will get this...grats to those who own the Weta version too.....Peace:rock:rock2:orthanc:ogat:nazgul

Last edited:
You guys are crazy if you think this is gonna have an ES. Personally, I want to wait and see if the factory can pull off the orange glow, so no hurry for me. The price is fair for this one, makes me more confused why the LSFs are $2k.

Perhaps if the gold paint also had more red in it, like the glow from molten lava.... but, yeah, the Dark Rider piece is a more dynamic sculpt.

You guys are crazy if you think this is gonna have an ES. Personally, I want to wait and see if the factory can pull off the orange glow, so no hurry for me. The price is fair for this one, makes me more confused why the LSFs are $2k.

I'm only hoping for an ES ...Remember the Weta one was 9500 ES!...and I will NEVER buy a LSF!...This piece in person will KILL!...That size will just Dwarf pretty much the rest

Last edited:
Not if they botch the orange glow. Not worth the risk on such a big piece. If they do, I will gladly get the weta version. Hell, I might get it anyways, but it's too risky to order this now for me.

Not if they botch the orange glow. Not worth the risk on such a big piece. If they do, I will gladly get the weta version. Hell, I might get it anyways, but it's too risky to order this now for me.

Like I said...I will repaint this myself...and it would be a labor of love

Well there is a fair difference betwen something that is a full 1/2 scale at 36" height and a 1/4 scale that is just really tall at the same height. There is more to scale than just height. Still, I think 2k is too much for an LSF. I can get like 6 PFs for that

Could it happen? Sure but I don't think there is a problem with jumping on this now. For someone like me who The Lord of the Rings is at the top I don't think there's anything wrong with jumping on it now.

I basically did the same thing with the predator LSF since that's my fav line. If this turns out bad ass and I don't have the funds, I will prolly sale my lurtz ex to fund it.

I want this.....I'll have to see if I can swing...should I flexpay, look for local pricing with free shipping or wait til others get in hand?

Can't wait for this ... but no need to rush... It's slated for July 2013... This won't hit our shelves until Jan. 2014 if not later...:( But at least it's coming...:) I'll beluck if I see the Batman PF next spring.. my guess he'll be shipping in July/Aug 2013.

I want to get this, break the leg, repose & repaint (and fix the other bits that are offish), but not so eager to do it on a $900 piece. :lol

Back